• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is it assault or battery?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lauras2u

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? illinois

this was something that happened a few months ago and i keep wondering about it.

I had someone in my livingroom i requested to leave, they refused so i went to grab her arm to show her to the door. She said if i did that she would bring charges against me but she refused to leave until i called the police to remove her....is it too forceful to show someone to the door of your house when they refuse to leave?

FlyingRon

Illinois definition of battery:

Sec. 12‑3. Battery.
(a) A person commits battery if he intentionally or knowingly without legal justification and by any means, (1) causes bodily harm to an individual or (2) makes physical contact of an insulting or provoking nature with an individual.

Definition of assault just means you make an act that causes a person to believe that they may get battered.

It's quite possible to be charged with assault and/or battery in this case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">