• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it legal for a website to refuse to delete my CC info?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MI

I recently signed up for a 24 people search to Intelius and I realized today that they saved my CC info. There was no remove option, so I contacted them about it. The rep said there is no way for her to delete the info. She transferred me to a supervisor and he also said that he cannot delete it. Is that legal??? I don't want my info floating out there without my permission.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MI

I recently signed up for a 24 people search to Intelius and I realized today that they saved my CC info. There was no remove option, so I contacted them about it. The rep said there is no way for her to delete the info. She transferred me to a supervisor and he also said that he cannot delete it. Is that legal??? I don't want my info floating out there without my permission.
Yes, this is legal. You should have never given them your CC information. When you input the numbers, you gave them permission.

cosine

Thanks...and that sucks.
It's called "business records".

You make the information worthless by going to your CC company and reporting that you believe a web site you once did business with may be leaking information that includes your CC number, and you could be at risk of identity theft.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">