• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it legal to do a sting on Police/PI/or Prosecutor snitches; could you be charged?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WitnessX

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

If wrongdoing is going on Can a person get in trouble for doing a sting on the police with video/audio recording them in the act? and what about stings on private investigators, or prosecutor snitches?. They have no police power, so they could be used in a sting or maybe even sued as well correct?

I heard its completly illegal to tape or video a federal agent is this true or false? and can police or federal agents ever be sued under any conditions?I heard with agents, you have to go after their department because they are exempt from lawsuits, is this also true?, and is this true for regular Ohio police-any help????

WitnessX

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

If wrongdoing is going on in your city or state-lets say for the sake of argument-its Ohio; Can a person get in trouble for doing a sting on the police with video/audio recording them in the act? and what about stings on private investigators, or prosecutor snitches?. They have no police power, so they could be used in a sting or maybe even sued as well correct?

I heard its completly illegal to tape or video a federal agent is this true or false? and can police or federal agents ever be sued under any conditions?I heard with agents, you have to go after their department because they are exempt from lawsuits, is this also true?, and is this true for regular Ohio police-any help????

WitnessX
let's say for the sake of argument that we don't DO hypotheticals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">