• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is it too late to sue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
I did not pay him to talk during filming.

$5,000. I wrote $1,700, $400, $400 and $100 and plus damage for the film... I paid for beach permit... $1200. on that day.

So he needs to pay me back. Refund law
I'm afraid I'm not familiar with "refund law." Would you mind telling me a little more about that?

quincy

JustFit, when did you discover that the cinematographer talked during the video? Was the video spoiled as a result?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Oh dear God I am fast losing patience here.

OP, your subject heading asks, is it too late to sue?

The answer is Yes. It is too late to sue.

I hope that this is now clear to you.

quincy

Oh dear God I am fast losing patience here.

OP, your subject heading asks, is it too late to sue?

The answer is Yes. It is too late to sue.

I hope that this is now clear to you.
There is a "discovery rule" that can apply under some circumstances to extend the time someone has to file an action, even if the statute of limitations would otherwise preclude an action - but I actually don't see it applying here. The example usually given for when the discovery rule can apply is if someone has been in a coma for years and awakes to find s/he has been harmed.

JustFit

I discovered it in November 2020, while I was editing the film. After I bought my hearing aid and can't afford to pay someone to edit my film.

quincy

I discovered it in November 2020, while I was editing the film. After I bought my hearing aid and can't afford to pay someone to edit my film.
When did you receive the video? Did the talking destroy the video or was it something that could be edited from the film?

Hurt feelings and bullying generally will not be enough to support a legal action.

JustFit

do I need to fill out the complaint there at the courthouse in Los Angeles or I can mail the complaint and other papers. Just print out the forms Fill it out and send check and stuff?

zddoodah

Do I need to go to Los Angeles, CA to sue the cinematographer?
Sue what cinematographer for what?

He thought I wasn't going to find out about him talking while filming my film project.
You expected another human being to remain mute for the entirety of the time that your undescribed project was being filmed? That seems absurd. If that's not what you intended, then your posts are extremely unclear about what happened.

It happened in 2012 of November. Will the court allow me to sued him for damage? To get my money and refund from him.
Or is it too late... Now that it is 2021.
Depends on what you want to sue for and what state's laws govern each of your causes of action, but it is very likely that any applicable statute of limitations has expired.

quincy

Sue what cinematographer for what?

You expected another human being to remain mute for the entirety of the time that your undescribed project was being filmed? That seems absurd. If that's not what you intended, then your posts are extremely unclear about what happened.

Depends on what you want to sue for and what state's laws govern each of your causes of action, but it is very likely that any applicable statute of limitations has expired.
He better describes what his concern is in later posts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">