• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is my employer liable for negligence? I was terminated for failure to maintain my

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justalayman

And if you didn't understand my point, now I understand why lurk around these forums anonymously, giving BS advice. Maybe you should educate yourself on the topic of discussion, before providing useless advice and wasting people's time.
Says the guy that wasted everybody's time with some BS argument about...well, not really about anything that falls in the realm of logic and common sense.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
And that law does NOT say that the employer is responsible to keep track of your license for you.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
Jmabry, not one responder has agreed with your premise. Every single one disagrees with what you think you know.

Why do you think that is?

Do you truly believe that you know better than the experts here? Really?

jmabry

alright experts

We've established that it's my responsibility to maintain my driver’s license status, mailing address, make payment etc. I accept full responsibility.... lesson learned

Here's my question! Knowing that my employer knew about the previous 4 suspensions and failed to notify me and continued to let's me drive, after being notified on 4 different occasions, that my license were suspended (while my emplorer benefited from sales and violated federal law) Leading up to the 5th triggered suspension and making a decision to terminate my employment for risk and liabilty...,endangerment, etc... for misconduct! Remember, I had no knowledge of the suspensions ( I know, I should have) but I didnt....

Don't you think my employer shares in some misconduct and negligence of their owe?

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
We've established that it's my responsibility to maintain my driver’s license status, mailing address, make payment etc. I accept full responsibility.... lesson learned

Here's my question! Knowing that my employer knew about the previous 4 suspensions and failed to notify me and continued to let's me drive, after being notified on 4 different occasions, that my license were suspended (while my emplorer benefited from sales and violated federal law) Leading up to the 5th triggered suspension and making a decision to terminate my employment for risk and liabilty...,endangerment, etc... for misconduct! Remember, I had no knowledge of the suspensions ( I know, I should have) but I didnt....

Don't you think my employer shares in some misconduct and negligence of their owe?

No.

(10 char limit)

justalayman

Sure but it doesn't benefit you. It COULD have gotten them in trouble BUT nothing happened where your lack of
license was discovered by anybody that cared about it. They got lucky. You didn't. The situation has been remedied by terminating you so all is well in the world now.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Sure but it doesn't benefit you. It COULD have gotten them in trouble BUT nothing happened where your lack of
license was discovered by anybody that cared about it. They got lucky. You didn't. The situation has been remedied by terminating you so all is well in the world now.
Like about a hundred times.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">