• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is My Worry Justified?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Highwayman, Yup, you are right and I feel stupid. Next time I will not "skim read" what I am looking up. It does say "aggravated disorderly conduct is a class a misdemeanor".
What says this? What are you looking at? There is no such offense in New York State.

HighwayMan

Of course anything is possible, but for a first offense with the OP's explanation on a DC charge? Unless he goes in there all thugged out with an attitude, an ACD is not a big stretch to imagine.
No, it's not a stretch, I agree. But I have seen my share of judges in SAP who don't want to hear any nonsense. There was one judge (actually they are Judicial Hearing Officers) in particular in Manhattan at 346 Broadway who called each case and told the defendant "you are charged with xxx, the fine for this offense is $x. Either pay the fine or come back for trial".

The other possibility is a guilty plea to some minor Administrative Code violation.

I suppose it depends on the who's doing the search (feds?), but OCA has claimed for a while now that a CHRS won't contain violations
Well, the only thing I can say is that I have seen disorderly conduct convictions on criminal histories.

dave33

Highway, The cite is http//wings.buffalo.edu/law/bclc/web/new york/ny(3).htm Than comes up New York penal law chapter 40 of the consolodated laws title n offenses against public order. Article 240. It seems that 240.21 is the only law that mentions aggravated. Anyway, that is where it came from. Dave

HighwayMan

For some strange reason, that URL redirects me to a Wikipedia entry on HTP, so I can't see what you see.

If you want to look up New York State laws, I suggest you use the NYS Assembly website (New York State Assembly). Click on "Bill Search and Legislative Information" on the left side of the screen, then click on "New York State Laws" on the right side of the next screen.

You Are Guilty

For some strange reason, that URL redirects me to a Wikipedia entry on HTP, so I can't see what you see.

If you want to look up New York State laws, I suggest you use the NYS Assembly website (New York State Assembly). Click on "Bill Search and Legislative Information" on the left side of the screen, then click on "New York State Laws" on the right side of the next screen.
Or save some time and go right to the direct link :)
http://public.leginfo.state.ny.us/menugetf.cgi?COMMONQUERY=LAWS

HighwayMan

I suppose it depends on the who's doing the search (feds?), but OCA has claimed for a while now that a CHRS won't contain violations:
Not to beat a dead horse, but I happened to have a need to run a criminal history inquiry through E-Justice this very evening and lo and behold the defendant shows a conviction for Dicorderly Conduct. There is another one for Harassment, also a violation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">