• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is non-compete in faraway state valid?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BestJack

Sorry to be so terse.

I don't want to go into detail about the service, because it is a somewhat specialized kind of research.

Let me just say that I am paid between $25-100 each for each one I do, and I have been doing about $175 a week's worth, with some weeks up to $325. Over the last month, the amount of available work has dropped. Two weeks ago there was nothing, last week $20 and this week $125, with nothing else expected until possibly next week.

(I have other responsibilities which mean I cannot work for a week here and there, but my employer knew this when they hired me, and our understanding was that I would inform them of my availability, and they would assign me work at that time. I had been told that I could have as much work as I wanted to handle.)

Thank you for your help in thinking this through. What I am hoping to do is to establish a local service with a small number of regular clients. (They are currently receiving 3-4 times what they pay me for doing the work.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">