• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is the lease null/void?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Much better? Who made that claim? That's about as dumb a post as I've seen you make. How about this for my response:

I'm sure you'll say "but Cameron, a return receipt is proof!" Okay, prove what was in the envelope that was sent return receipt. :rolleyes:

The point is that a USPS return receipt is great evidence. A video of the events is even better. Fortunately, neither is required. Thus, your posts have been useless.
I know folks down the street who could fake a video easily enough.

Look, whether you can wrap your mind around it or not, an email is NOT reliable as evidence, PARTICULARLY when compared to a letter sent certified, RRR.

I know you don't like admitting when you're wrong, so I know you won't admit it here. That's par for the course for you though.

I know folks down the street who could fake a video easily enough.
And yet videos are admitted as evidence in lawsuits all the time (as are emails). Hmmmm. I wonder what that says about the usefulness of evidence that can be faked? Hmmmmmm. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

And as I said, a return receipt only proves that SOMETHING was sent. Not the letter in question. Hmmmmm. Yet they're admitted as well. Hmmmmmm...

Banned_Princess

I hate to point this out, but emails come date and time stamped, as well as the actual email included in the sent folder. There are emails that show whether or not the email was opened by the recipient. Much better then a ominous letter that may or may not have been included in the envelope. I can send empty certified letters all day, but a empty email will be evidence of such, time and date stamped.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I hate to point this out, but emails come date and time stamped, as well as the actual email included in the sent folder. There are emails that show whether or not the email was opened by the recipient. Much better then a ominous letter that may or may not have been included in the envelope. I can send empty certified letters all day, but a empty email will be evidence of such, time and date stamped.
And my 7 year old niece can create an email that looks like it was sent, per the criteria you listed...

And my 7 year old niece can create an email that looks like it was sent, per the criteria you listed...
See, here's the problem: You have so little knowledge about the law of evidence, you think your point about the 7 year old is relevant.

All I can do is shake my head.

In case you never thought about it, there's a reason lawyers need to be licensed. It's precisely to keep people like you (those without any training) from practicing law. The State is protecting the general public from people like you. Do you also frequent medical forums and play doctor? I can picture you just making up ailments or symptoms based on guesses. :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">