• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is this a crime? how to report it the right way

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stevenolte07

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? :confused:California
Hello my name is Steve Nolte and need some advice on what to do ,if anything about my ex-wife setting me up,while I was with my daughter,calling police,and what should of been the end of it,well wasnt at all. my power got turned off at my home,and I was in the middle of a home loan modification,so I didnt get power turned on right away,my daughter and I had another place to stay. my mothers. my daughter Nikkie has her own room there,because while I was locked out of my own home for 9 months we stayed there. she just called police saying we were there, thats it. its 2 miles from my moms house,and my daughter and i had things there to get. I thought it was over until I got served at my daughters school with a ex-parte hearing scheduled. I know this is about family law,but i believe its a crime,and need opinions. she tried to get instant sole custody from that 1 time,not dangerous event. the thing is she wrote "new Information has came to her attention" and I swear everything she wrote was either flat out lies,exaggerated and things mentioned that happend according to her over 12 months before are current visitaion agreement,and over 18 months before her "new information:. Im still waiting for copys of police reports,because if they are half way accurate then police reports will be completly differant than the bad things she wrote about me. she did this before,I will explain lots more incidents if requsted. polygraphs I passed,she refused-I was considered guilty.Thank god whoever reads the things she wrote at the court house seen how far off everything was from "new information" and just exaggerated.I think it might help that I emailed police a few times before are hearing about how I want to see if I could get police report and go over it with someone and show that she clearly commited perjury,and lied about our own police department. I would like to her be in court saying im lieing and police report is wrong. anyway according to her I was so dangerous, she didnt want her daughter around me.well this time period was about 3 months, She let me see my daughter every single day that was in our agreement,and believe it or not a couple days that were not my day.she keeps my daughter from me when I have been 4 minutes late to our meeting spot,and for all sorts of selfish reasons. But when she thinks her daughter is in danger,its like by sweetie have fun with daddy.She new our daughter wasnt in any danger, i never would even let her break a finger nail while with me.so on court day I knew she was lieing and had no proof,and I could defend or explain anything she wrote about me,but her word has beet my polygrapgh,proof,and witnesses before,thats what I was worried about. I think she was more nervous because know way did she plan on me getting to defend myself and well completly provable lies that she wrote,about home,visitation days,all kinds of stuff that was on paper and recorded with our divorce.I was really countiing on have police reports day of hearing but I didnt, my ex asked me to go outside and talk. I almost didnt. first thing she said.ALL I WANT IS MORE TIME WITH NIKKIE. She wanted 1 more weekend a month, i said no,she smiled,and said ok well your going to regret that,because im going to take them all.My daughter is all i care about,and I would give up time if i was drinking and driveing,or something while i was with my daughter.I wouldnt deserve her then. know i might actually regret it I still said no.then she keeps saying how much worse its going to be,mediation,evaulations and who knows what could happen. I admit that scared me a little. so with that fear and me not haveing police reports I gave up my 1st wknd of month and took her 5th weekend of month. but there is only 3-4 5th weekends a year. Like I said my time with Nikkie is everything.If you notice today is the end of the 1st weeknend and im not happy to lose time with her this way that i fought for over 1.5 yrs to legally,truethfully,get the time during our divorce. so in a 3 month period that she fabricated herself a event that didnt turn out to be as bad as she hoped,eneded up getting police involved, C.P.S, private investigator to follow me and nikkie,I read his report, I was seen at park pushing nikkie on swing. so many things,that were good for me,it took me awhile to realized it was Supposed to make me look bad. I was so dangerous this whole time,but once I said o,k,only out of fear of really loseing alot of time,because it happend before,and I will remain hopeful that I will get my time back. The judge wanted to hear from her 1st. she says. That all of her safety concerns have been met by me,and everything is ok, but we would like to change our visitation schedule. I think even the judge was suprised. I swear I didnt change 1 thing in the whole 3 months. this is i think the 5th time she did something like this to gain more and more control.never 1 ounce of proof. 1 domestic violence charge, 2 restraining orders filed,and now this. I promise all if anybody reads this,not only were charges dropped for the other 3 major accusations,well after i gave her car back,or after the false D.V charge got my ex-parte hearing for me to get sole custody,and my house back,was instantly cancelled, i was all of a sudden a good guy,and she never even bothered showing up to court to proceed with charges. 7 days is the longest I have ever went without seeing my daughter, because i took my car back while I was locked out of my home. THE DOMESTIC VIOLENCE CHARGE IS THE SINGLE EVENT THAT REALLY I THINK CHANGED ME FOR EVER AND TO MAKE ME JUST WANT TO GIVE UP AT TIMES. Because I lost everything since,my home,sole custody,my money,and credit trying to defend against everything. and I think i lost alot of motivation to be resposible,happy,and honest. I concentrate only on my time with my daughter Nicole Celeste Nolte!! I think it would be easier to except if atleast one charge was filed and current. age 0-31 no police involvement.last 2 years after she met a currupt police officer,i dont know maybe 15-18 times she called them. her boyfriend with a badge tells her what to do and say and what gains she will make from it,she follows it exactly. DOES FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER ME TO LAY HANDS ON A WOMEN TO CAUSE HARM,MAKE ANY SENSE FOR IT TO BE ON MY WIFE,WHILE MY DAUGHTER IS IN THE CAR. "4 DAYS" BEFORE MY EX-PARTE CUSTODY AND PROPERTY HEARING COURT DATE,WHICH I HAD ALOT OF PROOF AND EVIDENCE TO BACK UP EVERYHTING I FILED LEGALLY WITH A ATTORNEY. My attorney told me to stay away from her,but I never believe something like this could of happend. Evil wasnt in my body,so I was clueless,and I admit a idiot. she had a small red mark on face,From her cell phone, I went to jail,and not making it up she went to santa cruz with boyfriend and kids, My daughter. she bragged about it and I seen all tickets in my daughters diaper bag. was she celebrating something? I got out of jail,begged to take and payed 500 cash for a polygrapgh test. hell yes I passed,she refused. her word beat my word. she had a lot of motivation to lie about it,and i passed a polygrapgh. So please tell me is this a crime? she commited perjury to get me to court,than blackmailed me to give up time with nikkie.That cant be legal. sorry to write so much.Thanks in a advance. Steve Nolte

Proserpina

First, take the real names out of your post.

Second, please use paragraphs and white space - your post is very hard to read.

Help us help you :)

CdwJava

she just called police saying we were there, thats it. its 2 miles from my moms house,and my daughter and i had things there to get. I thought it was over until I got served at my daughters school with a ex-parte hearing scheduled.
So, the house you were supposedly staying at had the power shut off and you were living with your mother. While there, an order was served sending you back to court for ... custody modification?

I know this is about family law,but i believe its a crime,and need opinions.
If it is about custody and visitation, it is not a crime - it is a Family Court matter.

the thing is she wrote "new Information has came to her attention" and I swear everything she wrote was either flat out lies,exaggerated and things mentioned that happend according to her over 12 months before are current visitaion agreement,and over 18 months before her "new information:.
You will have your say at the pending court date.

I want to see if I could get police report and go over it with someone and show that she clearly commited perjury,and lied about our own police department.
The police may not provide you with the reports absent a subpoena.

And all because she was wrong does not mean she made a false report, and outside of sworn testimony, it would not be perjury. Your focus should be on countering her claims as to the health and welfare of the child, not what she may have said or done in the past unless it has some direct relevance on the current actions

stevenolte07

Im telling you it was completly false,She wrote that her daughter is STUCK in the home in middle of winter. She knows I stayed with my mother on the days I had our daughter.She was always stoping by. She writes about how worried she is about the swimming pool because there is no fence around it. So worried? keep in mind we were married and she lived there for 3 years with 3 children. same pool same house. she writes She recently became informed that the home went into foreclosure and every time I bring my daughter there I am breaking the law.Well she was well aware of the homes status,months before all of this,because when I gave up with the courts getting her out I stop paying on the home. 1,800 a month for her and boyfriend to live there was not a good deal for me. My house meaning I bought it by myself,and before marriage.9 months later sheriff evicted her.and before power was turned off,house was in same statues and she was aware of it,and would drop our daughter off at the home. I could go on and on,she writes about her showing up at my moms to pick up our daughter for custody exchange. Thats not why she came by,and the day that event happend was not on her day and our agreement clearly shows it. I f it does not mean it was false, I didnt change 1 thing or convince her of anything.so you think as long as she got a few more weekends a year,the rest of the time with me is o.k? if im dangerous?

CdwJava

Im telling you it was completly false,She wrote that her daughter is STUCK in the home in middle of winter. She knows I stayed with my mother on the days I had our daughter.She was always stoping by. She writes about how worried she is about the swimming pool because there is no fence around it. So worried?
All you can do is bring this to the attention of the court or the police and see if they want to act on it. You cannot force them to pursue a criminal case if they do not see it or want to do so.

If you feel you have a case for a lawsuit against her, you can hire an attorney and sue her ... though these are rarely as clear as laypeople seem to think they are.

Look, all you can do is go into court and tell your side of things. None of us here can do anything for you, you have to do it yourself. I am sure she has another perspective on things and I suspect that a judge will have to weigh both sides before rendering an opinion.

So, go to court on the assigned date and time and tell your side of things. bring as much documentation as you can - and witnesses - to support your claims and to counter those made by her in her affidavit.

Some Random Guy

This is sooo comical...I can't believe you think I set you up! First off I called police department for a safety welfare check for my daughter....
And this is why its bad to give your real name in these posts. Google has long tentacles.

And for the original question in your thread, No, its not a crime to report your living conditions to the police. And after hearing the other side of the story, its still not a crime. Deal with it in family court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">