• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this Breech of contract?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Ohio (Business is in California)

I wanted to get health insurance instead of through my state because it would actually be cheaper and I filled out some forms at a couple places online and some guy calls me and says that they have this great insurance and all and I sign up for it. They say the first payment is $289 and I give them a check number.

Another sales guy calls me and together we find out that this company is being investigated by the California Department of Managed Health Care. And I found out that it really isn't health insurance, it is one of those discount medical cards. That is NOT the way the guy represented it to me though.

I put a stop payment on the check and my bank was nice enough to put another stop payment on any ACH that would maybe go through.

I called the place yesterday and told them that my account was overdrawn and I had to put stops on all the checks I had written, but that the account was going to be closed and the lady said that if it didn't go through or came back then the contract would be null and void. I do not want next month to roll around and then try to take the next months amount out of my account.

I guess I am making sure if they said that the contract would be null and void, will it really be?

And --

Should I call the California place and put a complaint in?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">