• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

uniccco39

What is the name of your state? Nc I work in the maintenance field and out of the 113 employees there are 8 department managers and only 1 black supervisor who has no real power to do anything i was once the planner in one of the departments and I created an shutdown schedule which had a slight error in time i was moved out of the department and this was used against me The next planner done the same thing and he still has his job it was not hidden that the manager wanted the good ole boy to have the job can i do anything about this

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Where is your evidence that your race has anything to do with the problem?

mitousmom

If you and another planner made the same mistake and you were "moved out of the department" as a result of your mistake and the other planner wasn't, you have been treated differently and suffered discrimination. However, nothing you've provided indicates that the discrimination was based on a protected factor (race, sex, religion, national origin, color, age or disability) and thereby could be illegal.

Did you and the other planner have the same supervisor? When did you make the mistake and when did the other planner make the mistake? What were the consequences of each mistake?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">