• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is this discrimination....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

above82

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

If I am posting a help wanted ad can I specify that I want a female or male and ask for a headshot. I want a specific look, and need the headshot to determine this.

Thanks

las365

The real question is whether it is illegal discriminaiton. If this is for a secretarial position, it would be inadvisable and maybe it would be illegal. If it's for an actor or model, I would say it would not.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
What is the job? The circumstances under which you can legally require a specific gender are very slim and the circumstances under which you can legally require a specific look are even slimmer.

And if you don't meet the very limited circumstances, then yes, it is illegal discrimination under Federal law and the laws of 48 states, including FL.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">