• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this form a habeas?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MinCA

What is the name of your state? California

http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/forms/documents/jv825.pdf

Is this a habeas? I've heard a habeas called an extraordinary writ. If it's not a habeas, what is it?

When one is filed in the appeals court (hubby's juvenile case is in the appellatte court right now in addition to Superior - his ex-wife was shown to be a danger to the child, yet she got sole custody, and he hasn't been shown unfit in the slightest, and the case is now in appeals since he has no parental rights anymore, and the girl is in the company of two registered child molesters per mother-dearest's own confession in court last month. CPS backs a change of custody and the judge won't listen-the judge also denied my hubby a trial, yet allowed her several months of trial days.), how long does it take for the court to take action? Would a writ of mandamus be quicker? Which is usually more efficient?

We did try to find a pro bono or low-cost attorney and had no luck, and we just don't have funds for a regular attorney, like it or not. We have no remaining assets, so have to forgo one. The child may not be "mine," but I love her and can't stand what is happening to her, so I am fighting to try to get her safe. Please don't slam me for helping my husband on this. I can't just stand back and watch hin struggle on his own as an innocent child we both love has to pay the price.

Basically the case is a mess. We have so much proof against this woman. (She's dragged me into it by slandering me pretty bad, saying I was at the visitation center and took the child's clothes off and took pictures during a directly-social-worker-supervised visit, causing me to have to go through fingerprinting, background checks, and all kinds of stuff, and the social work is MAD that she's getting away with this stuff.) She's told many lies that have been proven. Police have testified to her telling lies. She's threatened to sue CPS and a Sheriff's office Detective for trying to investigate claims the child made about sexual abuse. I'm just giving this background info in case it helps. Sometimes people ask for more info, so if I added too much, I apologize now.

***This is NOT the exact same post as the Mandamus post. I put most of the same stuff, but didn't want to risk complicating a singe thread by asking about two different writs in one post. Sorry if this irritates anyone, but please understand I've seen some threads here get way off topic when some idiot confused his *ss from his elbow, if you'll pardon the French. I'm not asking for comment on the case at this time, just about the habeas, and whther or not that form is actually a habeas or something else? We are both truly making an effort to learn. Thank you.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">