• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this harassment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mlane58

Agree with cbg, for someone to get so worked up over this, there is more to the story than you are telling.

dme

Sorry but you are wrong about more to the story. No, I didn't go into all the ways he has been nasty over the years. Please tell me how all of you would deal with this. After 2 yrs, I'm just now over reacting. Do you all not have a breaking point? Please, I don't mean to come off sounding spitful, but on the other hand I don't like to feel belittled because something is bothering me. I'm sure you all mean well, and I will handle this the best way I know how. Thank you all for your time on this. Have a great day.

fairisfair

dme said:
Sorry but you are wrong about more to the story. No, I didn't go into all the ways he has been nasty over the years. Please tell me how all of you would deal with this. After 2 yrs, I'm just now over reacting. Do you all not have a breaking point? Please, I don't mean to come off sounding spitful, but on the other hand I don't like to feel belittled because something is bothering me. I'm sure you all mean well, and I will handle this the best way I know how. Thank you all for your time on this. Have a great day.
Since you "won't say how he has been nasty" or what he has done, other than following you on break how do you expect anyone to be able to help you or to tell you how they would deal with the situation. CBG and MLANE have both asked you to explain further, the fact that you refuse to do so, and instead are almost attacking them, tells me that you have issues that you need to deal with. They are not following you to the bathroom, they are simply trying to provide you with the help that YOU came here looking for. Although, quite honestly, why they are wasting their time is beyond me.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No one ever promised you a rose garden. The law doesn't say that you are entitled to a workplace free of any unpleasantness. You have not described any illegal behavior; therefore, your employer is not required by law to take any action. And who are you that your employer is supposed to put you first over everyone else? What makes you so special that you have to leave if they don't take your part over everyone else?

This is not belittlement; this is a wake-up call.

mitousmom

dme said:
then you feel, he was just in looking for me, for no reason but his own satisfaction and male ego, and after 2 years of putting up with him just being plain nasty I should continue to walk on egg shells, instead of avoiding further contact with him. How would you feel if you were being watch and followed, to the bathroom no less. QUOTE]

Having a co-worker or even a boss who is nasty to you doesn't violate any of the federal anti-discrimination laws. Having your male co-worker ask your whereabouts once, even if he had no reason to inquire, isn't a violation of any laws either. From what I gather, he never found you or confronted you about your whereabouts. You were told by someone else that he had inquired. You then confronted him.

Your boss/employer doesn't appear to have a problem with you or your work. You apparently have a problem with the actions of your co-worker. From the information you have provided, it appears that most of the problem is yours and your reaction to his actions. You don't think he has the right to question or report on your work or your activities. You haven't indicated whether he is a supervisor or lead person or whatever with the right to examine your behavior. However, there is nothing to suggest his actions violate anything, including company rules or policies. Since management's attempts to stop the behavior haven't been fully successful, you need to learn to live with it - just ignore him - try not to get all worked up about his monitoring - or find another job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">