• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this HOA's responsibility or mine?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adjusterjack

Get one of these and cut a small hole for your hand to go through while holding the camera end and moving it around to see what you can see.

Amazon.com : camera on a snake with light

If you are careful enough you can patch the opening with the piece of drywall you cut out..

Use an oscillating saw to cut the piece out with beveled sides and you won't have to buy a sheet of drywall.

Amazon.com : multimax dremel

How to patch.

beveled drywall patch at DuckDuckGo

And you get to keep the tools for future projects.

quincy

Hiring somebody. I am totally capable of tearing down the wall, but not to put it back up....LOL
My wife finally hid my crowbar because I took great pleasure in tearing things down but not so much delight in putting things back together again ... so I completely understand. :)

Once you learn what is causing the noise, you can then determine better if the cost of noise abatement is solely yours to bear or falls to someone else. You could find that the noise is the result of something as simple as a loose bracket that is making the vent shake.

Good luck.

wendddd

Get one of these and cut a small hole for your hand to go through while holding the camera end and moving it around to see what you can see.

Amazon.com : camera on a snake with light

If you are careful enough you can patch the opening with the piece of drywall you cut out..

Use an oscillating saw to cut the piece out with beveled sides and you won't have to buy a sheet of drywall.

Amazon.com : multimax dremel

How to patch.

beveled drywall patch at DuckDuckGo

And you get to keep the tools for future projects.
Thank you!!

FarmerJ

almost 3 weeks later , you may have to look into building a whole new wall right next to that other wall and add even moe sound proofing OR look into one of them wall companys that can create a wall that wont be permanent so you could remove it some day, it would be like them wall systems people can use in rentals where the LLs property is not damaged or altered because its compression based but helps create a wall when a wall is needed BUT cant be permanently attached.

quincy

It would be nice if wendddd would return with an update. I think, however, that adding a new wall inside the current wall, instead of locating the source of the noise and repairing what needs repairing of the current wall, would be a less satisfactory solution in every way.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">