• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this Illegal? I was hacked by my ex

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lauram78

What is the name of your state? NY

Tonight I tried to log into my hotmail account and it said my password was invalid after 4 attempts...Someone told me that my ex logged into my account and answered the security questions and changed my password. Should i report this to the police? Is there anyway of them tracking this at all to prove he did this or not?? What can I do??? help!

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
"An unauthorized person has used your Windows Live ID to sign in to your Windows Live account

Report to Microsoft if any of the following occur:

* You suspect an unauthorized person has used your Windows Live ID or accessed your account.
* You suspect a website that appears to offer a Windows Live ID sign-in page may be fraudulent.
* You receive suspicious e-mail about your Windows Live ID account.

When you report the issue, be sure to include your full name, your Windows Live ID, an e-mail address where you want Windows Live to send the response, and a complete description of the issue.

If you believe that someone else has signed in to your Windows Live account, you can change your password, reset your password, or report the issue to Windows Live.

* To change or reset your password, see Reset your password.
* To submit questions about privacy issues, complete the Microsoft Online Privacy Feedback Form."
https://account.live.com/HelpCentral.aspx?mkt=en-us

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">