• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this the right section for this? HELP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I'mTheFather

Its not that I want to die. I'm not being left alone. To explain it properly I need to speak with a lawyer. So you are suggesting I find a lawyer that will take the time and actually try to get this processed? These people doing this to me aren't in the slighest bit trying to help they stormed through my life as if they were able and never quit doing what they wanted. I don't want to die I want my life. But now my life is crumbled and I need help, help from bridges that have been burned because of this. When its said and done I still won't be alone and I still won't be left alone. None of you have any idea how aggravating this is.
This forum is for US law only. Are you in the US?

I'mTheFather

Sporting the full perspective means I need a lawyer to speak with. You aren't lawyers or counselors. I wanted to know if anyone has had anything similar and what steps did they take? Thanks for completely harassing and demeaning everything about my thread by wanting to be completely rude to make the dollars you pay in taxes feel better this Sunday.
No one makes any money from posting here.

You haven't posted anything specific about which you can receive advice or help.

I'mTheFather

Yes sir. I am in the United States.
Please reread your posts. I think you'll have to agree that your claims sound a little "out there". You should not be surprised that responders have suggested mental health help.

You can try again with specific problems for which you'd like advice if you wish, including the name of your state. Otherwise, there is nothing else anyone can suggest.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
We don't know if anyone else has experienced what you have, because you haven't told us a single thing about what has been done to you.

We know that you believe it has separated you from your loved ones. We know that you believe it has ruined your life.

We do NOT know what is being done to you. You have not explained.

So if the only answer we give you is, call a lawyer (or a mental health clinic) it's because there's nothing else to tell you on the available facts.

Ladyback1

When did this start and WHY did it start?

There had to have been an inciting event. If there is not an inciting event, what makes you think the US Govt. is out to get you?

Seriously, you haven't given any real information. And with no real information, the only advice you are going to get is 1) contact an attorney or 2) seek mental health help.

Silverplum

Sporting the full perspective means I need a lawyer to speak with. You aren't lawyers or counselors. I wanted to know if anyone has had anything similar and what steps did they take? Thanks for completely harassing and demeaning everything about my thread by wanting to be completely rude to make the dollars you pay in taxes feel better this Sunday.
No, I never had anything similar happen to me or to anyone I know. No, I am not an attorney.

FlyingRon

Actually, four states allow it. OR, WA, VT, and MT. HI has legislation in limbo right now, it is being challenged but was legal in 2011.

Clearly, that isn't what the OP needs...I am just clarifying a point.
Bullpoop. Assisted suicide is a far cry from being whacked out and wanting to kill yourself. All of these states restrict it to the terminally ill.

Paranoia or just being unhappy is not grounds to terminate your own life in any state in the union.

ajkroy

Bullpoop. Assisted suicide is a far cry from being whacked out and wanting to kill yourself. All of these states restrict it to the terminally ill.

Paranoia or just being unhappy is not grounds to terminate your own life in any state in the union.
No disagreement there. I do not think that is appropriate for our OP; in fact, I made a plea to him to get therapy. I didn't get the idea that was the point JAL was trying to make, either. I just was correcting an incorrect fact in the thread.

justalayman

I guess I started this with my response to you. What I intended to convey that suicide is not unlawful in any state that I can find. Assisted suicide is lawful in a few and obviously is limited to a person meeting the requirements specified within the law. As such, if a person chooses to end their life, it is their right to do so. I have no right to interfere with that decision other than to ensure they are not mentally incapacitated such that they would be deemed incapable of caring for themselves.

now, even though suicide itself is not illegal and as such, within a persons rights to carry out, it does often invoke an issue of mental incapacity of the person. If a mentally ill person attempts to commit suicide, they will be prevented from committing suicide and forced into treatment for the underlying mental illness where once they are deemed to have regained their faculties, they can go on and whack themselves if they still have a desire to do so.

The problem with our current legal and medical society is; they deem just about anybody that wants to kill themselves as being mentally ill and as such, take actions to prevent them from killing themselves. Sometimes people are just tired of the status quo and do not wish to continue on in a manner they see as undesirable. I do not profess to claim I am a medical expert but I have known people that I would not consider mentally ill who just are tired of trying to deal with life as they are presented with it and would rather end their lives and be done with the suffering of their existence.

Your statement regarding "grounds to terminate your own life" strikes me a bit odd. Why does a person need grounds, at least acceptable to another person, to end their own life? If they choose to end their life, then so be it. Check them out; make sure they are not mentally ill and then let them continue with their plans if that is what they really want. It is their life so unless somebody wants to step up and do what it takes to make them want to continue on in life, then everybody should simply stay out of their life and let them be.

justalayman

No disagreement there. I do not think that is appropriate for our OP; in fact, I made a plea to him to get therapy. I didn't get the idea that was the point JAL was trying to make, either. I just was correcting an incorrect fact in the thread.
thanks for the correction

and I too do not believe suicide appropriate for the person we see on the forum.

Just Blue

Can someone offer legal advice? I'm asking how do I get the US government to stop doing what they are doing to me? Which is they have taken all of my rights from me and are strong arming me into wasting my time and life. Simple. You can't help me answer that?

You knew when I typed this question that I walked into a lions den and I knew I would either get some nice people who would really try to help or people who want to tell me that I need psychiatric help. I'm not stupid. Its a lions den to come on here and think I can say someone is harassing me. So you furthering to tell me that I need psychiatric help makes you look bad. If the only help you have to offer is psychiatric keep your opinions to yourself and I will wait for someone who is going to take a legal look at this. My problem is real. My problem is I'm not the one breaking the law they are. I'm not the one stealing peoples rights. They are. I don't need psychiatric help. I need actual help something like a petition or something a lawyer can start so I can have this processed into the united states court system.
I am very sorry that you were unable to get help here. But your best bet is to find a good attorney to help you. i do hope you get asistance...
Best of luck and Happy Holidays...

Blue

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">