• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this true?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

paper55

What is the name of your state? GA
I applied in May for SSD. I have spinal stenosis, bulging discs, DDD, nerve roots (2) compromised, muscle loss, etc. I can hardly believe SS actually read my MRI, myleogram, CT scan or neurology reports. If they had, I would have been approved based on SS rules. Now I must wait for a review by a judge. I'm told that can be up to 18 months away. My savings is gone, and my husband's job is in jeopardy. What can I do? I do have an attorney. Is there any way to get copies of what the SS reviewed? Please respond.
Thank you. P.S. I haved worked since I was 11 years old, product of single mom who got no child support. My dr. sent me home on my 22nd anniversary at my job.

45Frank

Yes my attorney did. It was actually kind of amusing what they wrote or based the denial on. I did write back and asked where the job existed that they described, never did get an answer.
I had to wait 18 months from my denial letter. Now I'm waiting on the ALJ decision. I've lost the house I build for my kids and I and any other joy in life we had. I had to move from one house (smaller to smaller) to enother for 3 years now and finally had to leave the state of NJ and we are now liveing in a small DW mobile home. If I don't here by the New Year I will be selling this and going into a SW rental. I can't afford it any longer. Raising two children on my own, when I got sick the Wife got up and left.
My conversation with my lawyer last week says it will be taken longer and longer while they switch over to video hearings, you may get a judge in CA. or FLA. or NJ. soon. he says the plan is to make it faster but not untill it's in place. Several years. Well the reason for my call was to see how long of a wait. He said he's had clients now waiting up to a year because the cases are transferred from video to paper anyway and that an extra step is involved even though there still hearing the cases in a timely manor.
At least you have a husband who is willing to help!
Chin up and keep the faith.

paper55 said:
What is the name of your state? GA
I applied in May for SSD. I have spinal stenosis, bulging discs, DDD, nerve roots (2) compromised, muscle loss, etc. I can hardly believe SS actually read my MRI, myleogram, CT scan or neurology reports. If they had, I would have been approved based on SS rules. Now I must wait for a review by a judge. I'm told that can be up to 18 months away. My savings is gone, and my husband's job is in jeopardy. What can I do? I do have an attorney. Is there any way to get copies of what the SS reviewed? Please respond.
Thank you. P.S. I haved worked since I was 11 years old, product of single mom who got no child support. My dr. sent me home on my 22nd anniversary at my job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">