• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Issue with Driver's License

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KnownOne

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OH

I had my driver's license renewed last year. The procedure seemed standard - mail $25 to the DMV and get a sticker to put on the back of the license.

About three days ago I tried to purchase cigarettes from a local Circle K, but they wouldn't accept it. The clerk said "man that's a sticka (sic)" (he was black), to which I replied, "yes, that is how license renewal is done. You're kidding - you're really not going to accept it?" And he didn't.

I was contemplating calling the police to verify on-site that my license is valid, and now I'm worried. I feel as though the DMV should issue me a new license if their program isn't universally accepted.

What should I do next time. I feel as though my $25 did not give me a working license.

(note: there has been no problem at other stores)

justalayman

I think you should protest the system by sending your license back to the DMV with a nasty letter telling them they either change their system or you refuse to ever possess a license in their state again.

mistoffolees

I think you should protest the system by sending your license back to the DMV with a nasty letter telling them they either change their system or you refuse to ever possess a license in their state again.
It's the new state health program. They make it impossible for you to buy cigarettes by giving you a license that can't be used to buy cigarettes. :rolleyes:

Really, why are you getting worked up about it?

1. Buy your cigarettes somewhere else.
2. Stop smoking -it's bad for you.
3. Move to a state that doesn't use stickers on the licenses.

Choose 1.

Kiawah

Print out a copy of the Ohio DMV website, which shows the renewal process, carry it with you.

If that really is their process, at some point that person will be trained by many people showing their stickers.

If this store doesn't accept it, go elsewhere to buy. This is not a big deal in the grand problems of life.

Last edited:

justalayman

Print out a copy of the Ohio DMV website, which shows the renewal process, carry it with you.

If that really is their process, at some point that person will be trained by many people showing their stickers.

If this store doesn't accept it, go elsewhere to buy. This is not a big deal in the grand problems of life.
but he couldn't whine about it if he actually made an effort to remedy the problem. KnownOne is a self admitted troll.

mlane58

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OH

I had my driver's license renewed last year. The procedure seemed standard - mail $25 to the DMV and get a sticker to put on the back of the license.

About three days ago I tried to purchase cigarettes from a local Circle K, but they wouldn't accept it. The clerk said "man that's a sticka (sic)" (he was black), to which I replied, "yes, that is how license renewal is done. You're kidding - you're really not going to accept it?" And he didn't.

I was contemplating calling the police to verify on-site that my license is valid, and now I'm worried. I feel as though the DMV should issue me a new license if their program isn't universally accepted.

What should I do next time. I feel as though my $25 did not give me a working license.

(note: there has been no problem at other stores)
What a troll! Ohio only allows military personnel to complete a mail in renewal and then they are issued a new license. Everyone else has to go down physically to the license agency. There is no mention of a "sticker"---what a moroon

Isis1

What a troll! Ohio only allows military personnel to complete a mail in renewal and then they are issued a new license. Everyone else has to go down physically to the license agency. There is no mention of a "sticker"---what a moroon
I don't say this often, but right now, in this moment....you are the windshield.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">