• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

issued Handicapped violation but didn't park there

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

patstew

I'd understand if you were cited while parked in the handi spot, but around here you can't get a cop to stop someone for running red lights or stop signs, much less handi spots. Don't they have anything better to do?
Forgive me if I get a little snarky here, but it is against the law to be in an HC spot without a permit. Do you really want to pick and choose what laws are enforced? There's widespread, rampant abuse of HC spots and permits. Sounds like a high priority to me.

CdwJava

Forgive me if I get a little snarky here, but it is against the law to be in an HC spot without a permit. Do you really want to pick and choose what laws are enforced? There's widespread, rampant abuse of HC spots and permits. Sounds like a high priority to me.
Ditto.

It tends to be a high public priority. I've had groups of people applaud when I have cited cars for unlawfully using parking spaces at shopping centers, yet have never had anyone clap when I stop a red light violator.

People call to report handicapped parking violations - they don't call to report a stop sign violation.

While the officer may have seen something that was not representative of the entire situation, he was still acting on what he believed to be a violation in his presence.

- carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">