• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Issues need to be resolve

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifeishard

Response

Listen, my husband is not sitting back at home. He been sending his resume out to different companies. He also put his name back on the list for jobs, this union doesn't know when it's going to be slow, it just happens. In NY their are thousands of jobs, but you have to have experience in some fields. He chose to work as a painter, if he knew this was going to happen, I'm sure he wouldn't have became a painter, that's the union for you. He loves his kids and he will do anything to support them. People are not happy no matter how you look at the situation, I'm pretty sure there's bitterness out there. People need to realize the children are the ones who suffers. The problem with this county is people are out their trying to get what they could get, and that's the real problem.

nicetryadmin said:
::sigh::
You're missing the point. If it's always slow this time of year, then the amount he makes annually should reflect that. If they compare previous tax years, then it should be averaged. Again, if this is nothing new, then there shouldn't be significant differentials from year-to-year in his salary that was factored in.

I am not disputing the "saving when it's slow." I also don't necessarily agree with getting a second job simply because then they might factor that into the support obligation. Getting a second job is like a "catch 22" -- you're getting it to pay support/support an additional family, but then it could be factored in.

Same goes with getting a better paying gig. Easier said than done, and again, that higher income will be subject to future modifications.
I didnn't miss your point. I understood exactly, but my point being what I said. Children don't eat less. Getting an additional job should be factored in his supporting his kid. You are right tho it is a catch 22. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

OP how long has he been a painter?

lifeishard

response

He has been a painter 2 years, and never experience this kind of problems. There was always work out there. Sometimes life is too short to worry about how much your getting paid from child support. As long as the father is willing to pay there shouldn't be a problem of how much. There are children out there that have dead beat dad or moms.

ceara19

lifeishard said:
He has been a painter 2 years, and never experience this kind of problems. There was always work out there. Sometimes life is too short to worry about how much your getting paid from child support. As long as the father is willing to pay there shouldn't be a problem of how much. There are children out there that have dead beat dad or moms.
But if this were the case, many of them would "decide" they were willing to pay $25 a month. That's why it IS a problem.

lifeishard

Response

Let's be real now, how many mom and dad that receive the child support money don't even use the money on their children. Some of them use the money for their purpose. There should be system where the child support agency can monitor the use of the money. Well, I'm not hear to argue with anybody. I'm hear to get the facts, like what is the percentage for each child?

Silverplum

lifeishard said:
Let's be real now, how many mom and dad that receive the child support money don't even use the money on their children. Some of them use the money for their purpose. There should be system where the child support agency can monitor the use of the money. Well, I'm not hear to argue with anybody. I'm hear to get the facts, like what is the percentage for each child?
Um....how do you propose this system be funded? :rolleyes:
I don't think you've clearly thought through your proposition to society. Maybe you'll make another contribution someday. :p

Neal1421

lifeishard said:
The money given in support is to reimburse the CP for a portion of the money that they have spent on the child for the basic necessities such as food, clothes, shelter, utilities, etc.

The "child support percentage" is:
17% of the combined parental income for one child;
25% of the combined parental income for two children;
29% of the combined parental income for three children;
31% of the combined parental income for four children; and
no less than 35% of the combined parental income for five or more children.

Last edited:

Shay-Pari'e

(QUOTE)My husband called her after 2 years not talking to her. She stated to him that she needs his help, because somebody put a complaint into ACS and she needs him to call ACS and tell them that she is a good mother. His response to her was she needs to take care of her own problems.(QUOTE)

Nice to know he cared enough to find out what was happening to his children.:rolleyes:

AHA

lifeishard said:
Well, I'm not hear to argue with anybody. I'm hear to get the facts, like what is the percentage for each child?
Hear=listen
Here="this place"

AHA

lifeishard said:
Let's be real now, how many mom and dad that receive the child support money don't even use the money on their children. Some of them use the money for their purpose. There should be system where the child support agency can monitor the use of the money.
Just out of curiousity, if you were one of the women receiving cs, would you rally to have the authorities hanging over you shoulder 24/7 monitoring how you spend every penny?

Zephyr

dad has only been in this job for two years...it's not as if it's a career...if it's unstable he should find something else

and it was always his choice not to see the kids

AHA said:
Just out of curiousity, if you were one of the women receiving cs, would you rally to have the authorities hanging over you shoulder 24/7 monitoring how you spend every penny?
Seeing his history of women hoping and procreating, shouldn't the bolded portion of the statement be when you are:p

AHA

Ithildriel said:
Seeing his history of women hoping and procreating, shouldn't the bolded portion of the statement be when you are:p
At least OP knew what he's like, going into the relationship, so she can't blame any future misfortune about cs on anyone but herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">