• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

it has come to my attention

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

It has come to my attention that the petitioner has been having her other daughter come on here periodically and PRINT out ALL MY posts....I have no problems with that, this is after all a PUBLIC LEGAL INTERNET FORUM!!!!!

Anything on here is free for the whole world to see so if you dont want anyone knowing anything, then dont post where people can find it.....I have no problems with this at all, I have nothing to hide, the case WILL BE judged on its merits and evidence and that will be that.

On the record, since these posts are being printed out and more than likely being given or shown to the petitioner's counsel....I never told anyone they could not be a part of my child's life, never denied access to my child....

Also to all others on the forum, this is a prime example of how in a custody case, anything and everything can happen and will happen. Always be aware of every thing you do b/c you will never know what can pop up... Expect anything!!

Banned_Princess

Why did you tell anyone you were posting here, or your screen name?

discretion and privacy from people who know you, is easy on a free anonymous site..

Ditto what Rushia said. Son's dad's wife made an um... Appearance here.

For a while after she was banned, if I asked Dad something, he'd say "Go ask your wannabe lawyers buddies online."

They probably still lurk, but really, I have nothing to hide. Everything I have ever posted is fact.

maryjo

My ex has been stalking me online since he threw me and our son out of his grandparent's house...almost 4 years ago. So I dont worry about it. I know he was on my Myspace page printing my blogs out and showing them to people. And I know of at least 2 other websites he followed me on. I also know, during a previous seperation, he was hacking into my email. I pretty much cant stop him so I dont even try. I dont have anything to hide so why bother.

If they plan to use it in court then I suggest you print out your own copies to show just in case they doctor anything or "accidentally" leave out certain things.

Why did you tell anyone you were posting here, or your screen name?

discretion and privacy from people who know you, is easy on a free anonymous site..
very true, my screen name is a dead giveaway and its not hard to just do a search online for my screen name, besides common sense would dictate, im asking questions about a personal legal matter on a public internet forum, its open and available to anyone so its on me to realize that someone else could possibly read that....it is what it is.....oh i didnt see the 1st line, i havent told anyone anything, as a matter of fact the whole family has refused communication with me, so i honestly have no idea on how they pinpointed exactly where i was online....hhmmm interesting but whatever....

Last edited:

Isis1

very true, my screen name is a dead giveaway and its not hard to just do a search online for my screen name, besides common sense would dictate, im asking questions about a personal legal matter on a public internet forum, its open and available to anyone so its on me to realize that someone else could possibly read that....it is what it is.....
very well. mind if we wave at grandma? :)

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
And to think I have sent my ex here with full disclosure of who I am just so he can read everything that is being said about coparenting difficulties and even jump in if he wants.

My ex has been stalking me online since he threw me and our son out of his grandparent's house...almost 4 years ago. So I dont worry about it. I know he was on my Myspace page printing my blogs out and showing them to people. And I know of at least 2 other websites he followed me on. I also know, during a previous seperation, he was hacking into my email. I pretty much cant stop him so I dont even try. I dont have anything to hide so why bother.

If they plan to use it in court then I suggest you print out your own copies to show just in case they doctor anything or "accidentally" leave out certain things.
you read my mind exactly, i am going to print it out and bring it in the offhand chance they "try" to bring it up in court.....ugh this is getting tired already.....oh well...i hope everyones christmas is good and i wish everyone a happy and safe holiday....

lol...yes give a nice big smile and say HIIIII...:p and if i understand correctly, the petitioner has her daughter coming on here, printing everything out and showing it to the entire family....you dont need an acct to do that, just right click copy etc.....

now being that this is a legal forum and i dont want to just waste space on here, what can or cannot be used in a legal proceeding in regards to internet/email communications? i think i saw somewhere online these type if things about forums, web blogs etc dont really merit much weight in court due to the fact that it is potentially hearsay, not backed up by evidence, emotional etc....

I'm sorry you are going through this, I know it's a public forum but it's still annoying! I've been going through this for years and now I just have to remember than no matter what I post or where that someone might be watching.

On this forum though I hope that your stalker reads and learns what a contribution they are to the issues at hand.

frylover

Someone should REALLY create a "waving smiley!"

Lia, I totally agree with printing out the threads yourself and having them ready. You know they will only attempt to use the ones they think will help them. Woudn't hurt to have EVERYTHING available.

And Merry Christmas to you, too!:D

Ronin

...what can or cannot be used in a legal proceeding in regards to internet/email communications?...
Short answer is "It Depends".

If the one trying to introduce the evidence is able to get the other side to willingly verify it in court, it's generally good...

However, if the one trying to introduce the evidence is met with resistance suggesting the evidence appears to have been tampered with, this throws the ball back to them to make an offer of proof, which is difficult and expensive to do. If an offer of proof cannot be made, the evidence will not likely be allowed.

However, taking copies of the evidence to court to 'compare' is pretty much shooting oneself in the foot if the desire is to not have the evidence admitted at all.

If it appears the admitted evidence is incomplete and is being presented in an out of context manner, which is often the case one may object and invoke the rule of optional completeness (or whatever the equivalent is in your state). Example is when a letter is read, all letters on the same subject between the same parties may be given into evidence.

Last edited:

gr8rn

As always, Ronin gives excellent information. It looks like you should check into this "optional completeness" before you go bringing the posts in to court.

But L, you have not said anything that would hurt you. You were looking for legal advise and what you have been given as far as legal advise has been so helpful that it only shows that you are tenacious in your mission.

I would not fear them using the information you left here. You have not said or done anything wrong.

In case the sister is still doing the grandmothers dirty work, I would just like to say to her, if you have kids, you better watch out for your mother because what grandma is doing is wrong, and there but for the Grace of God....remember that.:mad:

LdiJ

Well...if sis is really on here printing things, then I have this to say to sis...

Your mother has made some major mistakes in dealing with the changing dynamics of lia's family. You are not helping your mother. You are enabling your mother to continue to make mistakes that will continue to damage your niece's and Lia's relationship with your mother...and your own relationship with your niece and Lia as well.

You can continue to print out all that you like. Its not going to help your mother. She isn't going to get custody of your niece, and its not even guaranteed that a court will give her visitation either.

Your misplaced loyalty is going to hurt your extended family far more than it will help. You could have been a person that could have made your mother understand that she had to "play nice" to make the extended family work. Instead, you foolishly enabled your mother in her foolish sense of entitlement.

I am really very sorry for all of you, because none of this had to happen at all. In a way, I am sorriest most of all for you, because you could have chosen to remain "neutral" and were foolish enough not to have done so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">