• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ITems on MLS & purchase agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

illermay26

What is the name of your state? CA

We purchased a home that the asking price was $389,000 but appraised for $380,000 (I posted a question about this awhile back). Well we tried to back out but the sellers asked what it would take for us to buy the house. After going back & forth we all agreed to $370,000 plus $2,000 for closing costs. A day before escrow is closing, the sellers are saying they are going to take some shelf moldings attatched to the wall and the window coverings because we got such a low cost. Both were stated in the flyer & MLS as being included in the house and we were told they would be this whole time. I just looked at the purchase agreement and the mouldings are on it as included but my agent left out the window coverings. We should have noticed but this is our first home purchase and it is all new to us. Anyway, can the sellers take items that are listed on the MLS as being included?

HomeGuru

illermay26 said:
What is the name of your state? CA

We purchased a home that the asking price was $389,000 but appraised for $380,000 (I posted a question about this awhile back). Well we tried to back out but the sellers asked what it would take for us to buy the house. After going back & forth we all agreed to $370,000 plus $2,000 for closing costs. A day before escrow is closing, the sellers are saying they are going to take some shelf moldings attatched to the wall and the window coverings because we got such a low cost. Both were stated in the flyer & MLS as being included in the house and we were told they would be this whole time. I just looked at the purchase agreement and the mouldings are on it as included but my agent left out the window coverings. We should have noticed but this is our first home purchase and it is all new to us. Anyway, can the sellers take items that are listed on the MLS as being included?
**A: yes and the Seller can take any non fixture that is not listed as included in the sales contract. The slaes contract is the governing document, not the MLS listing and flyer. Although you could raise a claim.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">