• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

It's all settled...thanks everyone!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nc

We had court last week...had tried to work out an agreement before hand but no luck as dad was demanding his three days off each week to start now! Got to court and the judge asked the attorneys to talk to her in her chambers. They came out and said the judge was sending us out of court with the attorneys and a courthouse mediator to reach an agreement as she didn't want us going to trial. His attorney really pushed him to come to an agreement and he finally did...

So, after 4 plus hours of back and forth, we had an agreement. Nothing changes right now...he keeps 2 days each week. As of January, 2012 he will have 2 days one week, 3 days the next week. As of January, 2013 he will get his 3 days off each week. He completed the parenting classes as ordered by the court, so the supervision ended when he submitted proof of completion.

The only thing that isn't settled as child support as we all know he refuses to pay support and is refusing to turn over his bank statements and business records...he has to be a butt about something! ;) So, we will be going back to court for child support but the rest is done. Never did have any answers as to what happened...which could drive one batty...but you kinda' have to give it up as I never will know!

Thanks you all for putting up with me.

Last edited:

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nc

We had court last week...had tried to work out an agreement before hand but no luck as dad was demanding his three days off each week to start now! Got to court and the judge asked the attorneys to talk to her in her chambers. They came out and said the judge was sending us out of court with the attorneys and a courthouse mediator to reach an agreement as she didn't want us going to trial. His attorney really pushed him to come to an agreement and he finally did...

So, after 4 plus hours of back and forth, we had an agreement. Nothing changes right now...he keeps 2 days each week. As of January, 2012 he will have 2 days one week, 3 days the next week. As of January, 2013 he will get his 3 days off each week. He completed the parenting classes as ordered by the court, so the supervision ended when he submitted proof of completion.

The only thing that isn't settled as child support as we all know he refuses to pay support and is refusing to turn over his bank statements and business records...he has to be a butt about something! ;) So, we will be going back to court for child support but the rest is done. Never did have any answers as to what happened...which could drive one batty...but you kinda' have to give it up as I never will know!

Thanks you all for putting up with me.
Good to hear IC. Remember one step at a time.:)

CJane

And ya know, we all know he wants to move to Canada to be with the new lil woman. So I wouldn't hold my breath all the way til 2013. ;)

And ya know, we all know he wants to move to Canada to be with the new lil woman. So I wouldn't hold my breath all the way til 2013. ;)
I'm not holding my breath for anything but I don't think he is planning to leave the US for anyone on a permanent basis. When I asked about the passport issue, I was more worried about international travel, not international relocation. It is included he can have one week of travel 2x per year, as can I, and he can travel Internationally with both parents agreement.

CJane

I'm not holding my breath for anything but I don't think he is planning to leave the US for anyone on a permanent basis. When I asked about the passport issue, I was more worried about international travel, not international relocation. It is included he can have one week of travel 2x per year, as can I, and he can travel Internationally with both parents agreement.
So, you missed his girlfriend's thread from a week or so ago? The one where she was posting to find out if he could maintain 50/50 if he moved to Canada to be with her?

LdiJ

And have her show up and confirm for the masses that it really was her all along? No.
I don't know why she would have posted that though. She isn't enough of a newbie to think that she wouldn't have gotten a straight answer out of us if she asked as herself.

Well, first let me say NO, that was not my posting. I read through it last night (as I'm sure you can see, somewhere) and was quite shocked. Although he was wearing a wedding ring in court, I really have serious doubts he would ever relocate out of the country as he can't function apart from his own Mother...and she isn't moving.

Second, I wouldn't ask such an idiotic question. THAT is one that is laughable. Yup, I'm sure, we'll just switch the baby off every 3 months, hell, once a year! :rolleyes: Oh please... :eek: I wouldn't even wonder what would happen if he threw that one at me.

Third, I KNOW third parties are not going to get advice.

You all really have one heck of a conspiracy theory going, but alas, it's laughable and inaccurate. I can't honestly say if you have become that jaded or are that bored, but carry on! I HAVE been here long enough to know you will do that... :D :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">