• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

jail or probation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

L

lindalace66

still no help?

No one here knows if is it a felony or Misdemeanor?
I thought real laywers were here....:-(

n_and

Some are.

I would say it's a felony. But seeing as I have never heard of such a thing in my life, that statement is formed from my own thoughts, no legality to it whatsoever.

I believe no one is answering you because it's kind of difficult to answer you seriously or legally.

Just force her to get an abortion, already. I'm SURE if the child is birthed, the father will press charges, and she will be punished.

K

krispenstpeter

lindalace66 said:
YES I agree, but could you anwer any of the questions?
Any of them would help

How about no, no one can answer the question. Why? Because until a child is born there is no crime. And even if the child is born, a paternity test would need to be done to establish that the child was, in fact, fathered by the boyFriend.

Then, given that the above two circumstances may be true, there is a further burden of proof to establish that the 'misappropriation' of the sperm actually did take place and that the girl was the instigator or thief.

After all of this, the boyfriend will also be liable (unless adjudicated otherwise) for child support and/or custody/visitation.

But, this all hinges on IF and WHEN a child is born. Until that time, there is no legal issue.

L

lindalace66

ok great

Ok thank you, that gives them some ideas of what to do.
You've been very helpful. But you do believe it would be a felony? Would a minor go to prision?
Anyway I can't force her to do anything, only her mother can do that I think. Again thank you.

L

lindalace66

Huh? I'm confused on that one

Someone thought she was my daughter, I was just saying if she was, abortion would be my choice to get her out of the mess. I have no bf or hubby..... :confused:

snostar

lindalace66 said:
A freind of mine daughter did a very stupid thing, she wanted to get pregnant seeing that some of her freinds the same age (15)
was also pregnant.
Trying to decipher the gibberish posted, I got from this: A friend of my daughter wanted to get pregnant since some of her friends were also pregnant (your daughter being one of those friends). Once again we see the importance of communicating a message by properly using the appropriate language so that those on the receiving end can interpret it in the manner you intended, in FA that would be English.

L

lindalace66

*L* I have no daughter, just a son, and he's not pregnant...*L*
Still no answer to the?..." Would a minor go to prision?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">