• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Joining Class Action Suit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BuyLowSellHigh

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I was recently diagnosed with cancer. I have been using a medical device that currently has class action lawsuits for potentially causing cancer. Any advice on how to select or approach joining a class action lawsuit? Obviously I can google and follow instructions to join but wanted to find out if there is advice or a guide to selecting which class action lawsuit to join.

quincy

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I was recently diagnosed with cancer. I have been using a medical device that currently has class action lawsuits for potentially causing cancer. Any advice on how to select or approach joining a class action lawsuit? Obviously I can google and follow instructions to join but wanted to find out if there is advice or a guide to selecting which class action lawsuit to join.
Contact the attorney in your area who is handling the class action.

I should add: You really don’t need to do anything to join. You will be able to opt out of a class action if you wish to file your own suit, though.

Last edited:

zddoodah

Any advice on how to select or approach joining a class action lawsuit?
I'm not sure I understand the question. If there are pending class action suit, then you're either a member of one or more of the classes or you're not. Have you reviewed the complaints? Have the classes been certified by the courts? If you're not sure if you're a member of any of the classes, you should reach out to the class plaintiffs' attorney.

wanted to find out if there is advice or a guide to selecting which class action lawsuit to join.
If any of the class action suits are of the "opt in" variety (unlikely), anonymous strangers on the internet cannot reliably assist you in making the decision to opt in or not. If they're not "opt in" suits, then there really isn't anything for you to do unless you want to opt out of any settlements that are reached. If, when settlements are reached, you think you might want to opt out and file your own lawsuit, you'd want to consult with an attorney.

quincy

It is once there is a judgment or, more likely perhaps, a settlement in the class action, THAT will be the time that you will need to file a claim with your personal information to receive your portion of the damages awarded or negotiated.

You should receive information in the mail on what you need to do to submit your claim, or you can visit the attorney website for information on how to proceed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">