• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Joint and Several Liability for Unpaid Bills

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Well what happened was my uncle was on some discount program because he's a senior and has medical issues, etc and SCE claims they sent my uncle a notice to renew the program but my uncle said he never recieved it. So they sent the form again and apparently he put on there that I was living there. Also, when I became his Power Of Attorney he put me on his account so I could access his account and they could release information to me, etc. So I'm assuming they just put 2 and 2 together. I mean, its no secret or anything; its not like I'm trying to hid it. Even if they were just going on assumptions they asked me if I was living there when I inquired about the transfer of his bill and I said I was.
So you were also ON the account. Sheesh - what a waste of time.

justalayman

and just tossing this out there:

does uncle receive any federal or state aid? If he does of any type that requires spend down of assets or the would have a right to place a lien on the house, the transfer may be viewed as a fraudulent transfer and the creditor may seek rescission of the transfer and liquidation of the asset to pay their lien.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">