• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Joint parenting time IL

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Hoping it doesnt get to that stage, we have a settlement conference coming up next week.
It *will* come that if you and Mom can't come to an agreement on your own.

Do you see yourself changing your mind? Do you see her as contemplating budging even an inch? If the answer to EITHER or these questions is "No", then things will not be settled.

menbro

It *will* come that if you and Mom can't come to an agreement on your own.

Do you see yourself changing your mind? Do you see her as contemplating budging even an inch? If the answer to EITHER or these questions is "No", then things will not be settled.
I will propose alternative parenting schedule to her, and if that doesnt even work for her, then a GAL will be involved, and she knows that.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I'm sure Mom will have no problem with GAL involvement since you posted that she wanted a GAL...

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Ok, I meant to say, "My attorney" mentioned GAL in the very beginning, so apologies for being unclear.
This is the problem we're trying to get you to consider - you must be clear. "Well, I *meant*..." isn't going to cut it in court. Like "I do all of the parenting while working FT from home." when, in reality, you have therapists there FT every day. I seriously doubt that they are interrupting you every few minutes for snack & potty breaks. You really need to be clear when you go to court - and that includes your journal...

menbro

How does:

equate with the above?

Makes you look like you are not credible. Your attorney recommended it but then said nope.
Thats why we are having a settlement conference first, and if that doesn't work out, then a GAL will have to be involved.
We can try mediation before involving a GAL, but all depends on how the settlement conference goes.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Thats why we are having a settlement conference first, and if that doesn't work out, then a GAL will have to be involved.
We can try mediation before involving a GAL, but all depends on how the settlement conference goes.
That avoids the point actually. You are having a settlement conference because you appear not credible? If that is not the reason, then you need to really understand what has been said.

menbro

That avoids the point actually. You are having a settlement conference because you appear not credible? If that is not the reason, then you need to really understand what has been said.
We have a settlement conference so we can hash out a parenting plan, without going to a trial/GAL, if we can.

Does it make my ex appear "not credible", if she also has said no to a GAL and yes to a settlement conference?

And yes, I am trying to understand what has been said and its been so helpful already.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">