• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judge allows anyone in family to get my kids medical records

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? WA

Yesterday I went for closing arguments and a verdict in a year and a half custody battle I have been fighting against my in-laws. My now ex-inlaws were trying to gain custody of the children my wife and I share. The grandparents are her caregivers and guardians. The judge gave me custody of the children with sole decision making in the areas of religion, education, and medical.

The judge was a class act and a very respectable person, but I cant help but feel as if he wanted to give my inlaws more than what they are entitled to under the law. I agreed that I would keep the mother informed on all decision's concerning the children and listen to her ideas and suggestions.

My wife has a full guardianship placed on her due to post operative complications following a brain tumor resection. The guardianship placed on her states that she can elect no one to act on her behalf. Yesterday the judge said she can have access to the childrens medical records as well as the school records. Her attorney said she is unable to get them for herself and would need to have someone go get them for her. The judge then said she can send someone from her family to obtain the records to bring to her.

Does this seem right? If she is unable to care for herself, or make her own medical decisions, and her guardianship order states that she is unable to elect someone to act on her behalf how can she elect someone to retrieve the records? I want my ex wife to have the information I would never keep information from her concerning her children. The problem I have is her extended family has had the door propped open for them to sift through my childrens private records. Any info woulf be appreciated. Thank you.What is the name of your state?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? WA

Yesterday I went for closing arguments and a verdict in a year and a half custody battle I have been fighting against my in-laws. My now ex-inlaws were trying to gain custody of the children my wife and I share. The grandparents are her caregivers and guardians. The judge gave me custody of the children with sole decision making in the areas of religion, education, and medical.

The judge was a class act and a very respectable person, but I cant help but feel as if he wanted to give my inlaws more than what they are entitled to under the law. I agreed that I would keep the mother informed on all decision's concerning the children and listen to her ideas and suggestions.

My wife has a full guardianship placed on her due to post operative complications following a brain tumor resection. The guardianship placed on her states that she can elect no one to act on her behalf. Yesterday the judge said she can have access to the childrens medical records as well as the school records. Her attorney said she is unable to get them for herself and would need to have someone go get them for her. The judge then said she can send someone from her family to obtain the records to bring to her.

Does this seem right? If she is unable to care for herself, or make her own medical decisions, and her guardianship order states that she is unable to elect someone to act on her behalf how can she elect someone to retrieve the records? I want my ex wife to have the information I would never keep information from her concerning her children. The problem I have is her extended family has had the door propped open for them to sift through my childrens private records. Any info woulf be appreciated. Thank you.What is the name of your state?
Even if mom could get the records herself, she could still easily allow her family to sift through them. Even if you were to deliver the records to mom, preempting the need for anyone else to get them, she could still easily allow her extended family to sift through them.

Even with a court order stating such, I doubt that the providers would release the records to them without a release of some sort signed by mom.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">