• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judge Judy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MySonsMom

Ziphash,

I just watched the episode and it was AWESOME! Man, you are tall! ;)

Your X looked like a complete idiot, and you got a fair outcome to your suit.

Good for you! But the tricky part is, have you got your $1000 yet? That may be the hard part.

Good luck to you.

MySonsMom

U

Ukiah

MySonsMom said:
Ziphash,

I just watched the episode and it was AWESOME! Man, you are tall! ;)

Your X looked like a complete idiot, and you got a fair outcome to your suit.

Good for you! But the tricky part is, have you got your $1000 yet? That may be the hard part.

Good luck to you.

MySonsMom
Awe Man, you ruined it for me MSM...:D I have to wait til 4:00 CA time to see it... 1 &1/2 Hrs left and counting...

U

Ukiah

If you're winning you're supposed to keep your mouth shut

DAMN! good show!!

Well Mr. Hashbarger, I must say, You're X is pretty thick headed! Even after the show she kept saying you were told not to come, after the Judge tore her up! I hope she seen herself on TV and realizes how stupid she looked!!

Is the X being more civil? I hope so, if not you should go back to see Judge Judy, I'm sure she'd LOVE to see you guys again!!

[Edited by Ukiah on 05-04-2001 at 08:22 PM]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Well, other than the first 5 minutes being Pre-empted by the Writer's Guild announcement of a tentative settlement, I saw the show Ziphash.

Yes, you are a tall one, aren't you ?

Anyway, your ex (or shall I say "Troll") is extremely lucky you didn't take her back to Family Law court in Ohio on an Order to Show Cause Re: Contempt for Interference with Visitation. She could very well have lost custody of Preston. In fact, I'm 90% sure she would have.

It's incredible that she didn't learn much, but unfortunately, all Judge Judy could award you was your out of pocket expenses.

I loved it when your ex said, "My attorney was working on some papers". So what ? Until those "papers" are reviewed and signed by a judge, she can't "act" on what her attorney's papers might say - - but, she tried and was royally reamed for doing so.

Next time (and there will be a next time because she's "thick"), use this show as evidence in Family Court in Ohio, and more than likely, you'll get custody of Preston.

Nice going, even if you didn't have to say much.

IAAL

P.S. Your new wife is beautiful. I love the red hair.

T

TBTN

zip
all I can say is wow!! hope you will be able to get the chance to visit your son more often now at your x's expenses.

Good Luck!!

T

trishaj1

re:judge judy

Hi. saw judge judy tonight. loved it. congrats. your ex and my soon to be ex need to get together.good luck to your family, all the happiness.

ziphash

Thanks to all for watching. I appreciate all the support everyone's given me.

Believe me, I wish the magistrate here would see Judge Judy's point of view. I still don't know where the "Troll" (No one can believe I married her!) is getting these "good faith" guidelines. If all it took to get rid of guidelines was to move out of state, every custodial parent would be moving across state lines. Theresa has been more civil since the show. She's been discussing summer visitation with me since then and says she's giving me an extra week!
My only question - How long does she have to wait to refile for jurisdiction down there?

MSM - She doesn't have to pay the amt. I won. The show pays that and we already got it!

IAAL - My wife thinks she looked terrible even though I told her she looks great! Your opinion made her feel better than mine!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

ziphash said:
How long does she have to wait to refile for jurisdiction down there?
My response:

It takes 6 months to establish and satisfy the residency jurisdictional requirements for Alabama. After that time, the courts in Alabama obtain jurisdiction over Preston from Ohio. Theoretically, and if circumstances warrant, she could have the child support and visitation guidelines amended to conform with Alabama law.

If she is successful, your obligation for Preston's child support continues through his college years; unlike Ohio, where it ends at age 18.

Good luck to you.

IAAL

P.S. I meant to ask you . . . what's going on with your haircut ?

ziphash

What? You don't like my hair?

She already filed for jurisdiction once. It went to court in AL in Jan. I fought it and she lost. Can she refile every six months?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

ziphash said:
What? You don't like my hair?

She already filed for jurisdiction once. It went to court in AL in Jan. I fought it and she lost. Can she refile every six months?
My response:

Sure, as long as there is a sufficient "change in circumstances". For example, perhaps the cost of living is higher in Alabama than Ohio, or Preston's needs would be better served through control of the Alabama courts.

Right now, Preston is young; but, as he grows, and his needs become greater, it may be enough to convince an Alabama court to obtain "local control" and jurisdiction over the visitation, custody and support issues. This is especially true when Preston becomes college age.

IAAL

P.S. I never said I didn't like your hair ! It's just we see this real tall, good looking, guy on T.V. with shaved sides and these curly locks on top. Perhaps you might want to consider a '60's Hippie look, with long, below-the-shoulder-length hair. Cool !

P.S.S. Does Theresa know about this site ?

[Edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE on 05-05-2001 at 11:27 AM]

ziphash

My wife just cut my hair the other night because I made the mistake of not putting gel in it to tame it down. My curls stuck out about 5" and she couldn't handle it! Now all my curls are gone!

I don't think Theresa's quite bright enough to figure out how to find a site like this. I don't know if you noticed or not, but at the beginning of the show it says she's a security officer. She told child support she doesn't have an income and me that she gets social security.

T

truth is powerful

I am so glad you did decide to sue her for your expenses. You may have thought of it on your own, but I did suggest it to you in one of your previous posts and I am so happy it turned out well for you. Both you and your wife were articulate and I loved the closing discussions outside the courtroom. The show aired later in my town but we were cheering in my living room. Good for you!!!!:):)

MySonsMom

ziphash said:
MSM - She doesn't have to pay the amt. I won. The show pays that and we already got it!
Oh wow, she didn't even have to pay it to you? I didn't realize it worked like that. Well, it's kind of a bummer because *she* didn't have to take it from her pocket. But oh well, it was monies coming to you that you deserved and you got it regardless.

You know, Judge Judy made some very evident comments to your troll, she made a lot of sense and confirmed alot of advice that has been made on this site. She rocks the house!

So anyway, how tall are you anyway? ;)

MySonsMom

U

Ukiah

MySonsMom said:
So anyway, how tall are you anyway? ;)

MySonsMom

I'd say at least 6'4"... It's good to hear you got your money, and too bad she didn't have to pay it to you.

Have you heard from "your Troll" as far as watching the show yesterday? Did she make any comments on it?

I heard the "good Faith" Comment she made after the show, I though that was the funniest - I hope she did see it yesterday and will keep changing for the better - for Preston.

I wonder if any of those Judge's ever check into these sites. Now that would be great!

[Edited by Ukiah on 05-05-2001 at 05:58 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">