• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

judgements

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deaglen

What is the name of your state? colorado

I have an outstanding judgement against me to a company that is no longer in business.
Am I still responsible for this debt? If so who would I pay?

Debt Guy

Q. have an outstanding judgement against me to a company that is no longer in business. Am I still responsible for this debt?

A. Of course. Just because the business failed does not mean you are relieved of your obligation.

Q. If so who would I pay?

A. You will need to find out who owns the judgment today. The odds are very high that it was sold during the liquidation of the business -- the place to start would be to contact the attorney who handled the case for the judgment creditor. Or you could handle this the same as that 6 year old bad check -- wait until someone tracks you down and then whine about all the interest and charges.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">