• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Just A Couple of Questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnownOne

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OH

If a doctor employs the power of prayer in place of standard procedure in treating a patient and the patient dies, is the lawyer held responsible by law?
If not, then does law acknowledge the invalidity of prayer, and therefore prayer should have no part in an American society?

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OH

If a doctor employs the power of prayer in place of standard procedure in treating a patient and the patient dies, is the lawyer held responsible by law?
If not, then does law acknowledge the invalidity of prayer, and therefore prayer should have no part in an American society?

I think you should re-read your question and try again....

(and then perhaps take it elsewhere to a more appropriate forum - this isn't it)

Proserpina

Are you trying to imply something I did not say?

Nope.

Re-read what YOU typed.

You said...

So, we have a physician using prayer as a treatment.

Please explain how the lawyer enters the equation to begin with.

How about we go from there?

KnownOne

Nope.

Re-read what YOU typed.

You said...

So, we have a physician using prayer as a treatment.

Please explain how the lawyer enters the equation to begin with.

How about we go from there?
Oh I get it. You're one of those lawyer types that disregard the gist of a written effort in order to exploit any and all loopholes. Seems you would not be the one to answer my question honeybun, so move along please...

Proserpina

Oh I get it. You're one of those lawyer types that disregard the gist of a written effort in order to exploit any and all loopholes. Seems you would not be the one to answer my question honeybun, so move along please...

If you can't explain yourself, that's fine - it's not like we're not used to it...

:cool:

KnownOne

If you can't explain yourself, that's fine - it's not like we're not used to it...

:cool:
Would you get some sort of cosmic sensual pleasure if I played along and, agreeing with you, corrected my question?

If so, then yes - lawyer must be replaced with doctor in the initial query for the question to sustain its intent.

Last edited by a moderator:

justalayman

Ok, since you still believe you wrote what you meant:

No, the lawyer has no culpability and therefor, no liability.

None of that will be addressed. You can't even state a half assed case against the lawyer (wherever he came from) so there will be nothing more than a dismissal of the case.

CdwJava

I agree, the lawyer would not be liable for any action by the doctor ... heck, the doctor might not even be liable, depending on all the circumstances.

As to your signature, Knownone, I just want to clarify to others that the sig line:

"He does not forgive. He does not forget.
His group has over nine thousand penises,
and they're all raping children."

-- Oprah Winfrey​
Involved an incident where she read a line from a posting to her message board in September 2008.

The full quote is said to be:

"Let me read you something that was posted on our message board by someone who claims to be a member of a known paedophile network. It said this; He does not forgive, he does not forget, his group has over nine thousand penises, and they are all raping children.”​

Why anyone would have that as a signature is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">