• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Just a curious question...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TLWE

I often read here about the NCP having "reasonable visitation", not set days, times, holidays, etc. When my DH divorced 14 years ago, the visitation was spelled out to a "T".

So is "reasonable visitation" an older thing being phased out, or a new thing?

TLWE

TY for the link. I had looked around and found that reasonable visitation rights seem to be fairly common.

LOL, it's Monday morning and I haven't had that second cup of java yet, and I posed my question wrong. My curiosity is piqued by it because is just doesn't seem to be working for most folks with that in their CO. Most sites state that it is used because it can be difficult to nail down particular days and times for visitation. Then they state that CO's are often modified because CP'c and NCP's often can't agree on what is reasonable.

So I wonder, since it doesn't seem to work so well, why would it be so common?

BL

Judges often tell the litigants ( weather the have attorney's or not ) to go "out" ( of the court room ) , and see if they can work something out .

The more the parents can come to an agreement the better they will get along and the better for the children ( as they won't be caught up in the middle of their parent's battles ).

The agreements would then become Orders.

So , if the Judge thinks the Parents are the type that could agree and work things out with out specifics , all the better for all involved .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">