• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Just a question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?ohio
Does anybody know who is higher up than children's services? Who would I file a complaint with about children's services withholding information and not doing their job? I have all the proof. I just don't know who to take it to.

wisconsinmom1

hey- i hope this helps- i found a page on google about ohio childs services -- good luck

Taking these steps can help:

* Make sure you understand what we can do to help you and what you must do to receive services. The actions which Children Services can take on any case are governed by law. You must meet certain requirements to receive help. Reciprocally, when you are eligible for services, Children Services must take certain steps to help you. Talk to your caseworker so you understand our services as well as your rights and responsibilities. Both you and the caseworker must follow the rules at all times.

* Keep a record of what's happening on your case. Write down the names of the Children Services employees you talk to, information they provide and dates of the conversations. Keep this record with other important papers about your case.

* Try to resolve the problem with your worker first. Tell the worker why you're having problem. Listen to his or her answers. Ask questions so you understand why he or she is making a particular decision or taking a certain action. If this doesn't solve the problem ...

* Ask to talk to the supervisor. Tell the supervisor why you are not satisfied. If this doesn't solve your problem ...

* Request to talk with the administrator who oversees the activities of your caseworker and his/her supervisor.

How are my rights further protected?

In certain circumstances, you may file a grievance with the agency. Please read the copy of the grievance procedure provided to you to determine if the motive of your dissatisfaction meets grievance criteria.

You may also contact the Cincinnati District Office of the Ohio Department of Human Services by calling 513-852-3360 or writing to 100 East 8th Street, 4th Floor, Cincinnati, Ohio 45202. District offices are responsible for ensuring that all county Children Services offices comply with rules.

Finally, if you feel you have been discriminated against or did not receive services for which you are eligible because of age, creed, lifestyle, national origin, race, sexual orientation or physical, mental or developmental disability, contact:

a. BCCSB Chief Executive Officer at 513-887-4118.

b. The Ohio Department of Human Services, Civil Rights, State Office Tower, 32nd Floor, 30 East Broad Street, Columbus, Ohio 43215.

c. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Civil Rights, Region V, 300 South Wacker Drive, Chicago, Illinois 60606.

Thank you so much. I have researching this for months and haven't found anything that comes close to what you sent. What website was that on? I have actually filed grievances against the caseworkers, talked to the supervisors, and they are covering each others asses. My daughter received a card from her so called father that made reference to whipped cream and body oil, I need you. The DIRECTOR of children's services said that it's nothing to be concerned with and I am taking it out of context. My daughter is 4 YEARS OLD! They have all the reports in the file that were made because of the "allegations" against him for sexual abuse (of which I have proof). Thank you so much.

brisgirl825

nojusticeinohio said:
Thank you so much. I have researching this for months and haven't found anything that comes close to what you sent. What website was that on? I have actually filed grievances against the caseworkers, talked to the supervisors, and they are covering each others asses. My daughter received a card from her so called father that made reference to whipped cream and body oil, I need you. The DIRECTOR of children's services said that it's nothing to be concerned with and I am taking it out of context. My daughter is 4 YEARS OLD! They have all the reports in the file that were made because of the "allegations" against him for sexual abuse (of which I have proof). Thank you so much.
Have you talked to the police? DA? Is there medical evidence? Have drs, teachers, daycare providers, counselors talked to CPS as mandated reporters?

brisgirl825 said:
Have you talked to the police? DA? Is there medical evidence? Have drs, teachers, daycare providers, counselors talked to CPS as mandated reporters?
I have talked to the police, actually the police officer is one of the people that my daughter made disclosures to about the abuse. She said that she can't do anything about it until children's services give her the authority to. She said she is just as frustrated with this situation as I am. She said children's services are completely worthless. I have medical reports. One that has the picture of the marks he put on my daughter plus the conversation between the nurse and my daughter about them where my daughter states "my dad rubbed me too hard". The other medical report has sexual abuse/assault with a check mark beside it. The people who have made reports to children's services are : the police officer (3 reports), the therapist (2 reports), the guardian ad litum (2 reports), the therapists case manager (4 reports), and the hospital (2 reports). Plus one of the caseworkers at childrens services asked my daughter who did that to her leg and my daughter told her "my dad". The woman brushed it off and said it looked like normal play. This same woman told me that if I were friends with the father for that many years, then I should have known he was a pedophile, so this is my fault for having a child with him. Now do you see what kind of corruption I'm dealing with? And this is only about 1/4 of what we have been dealing with for the past year!

Zephyr

just my opinion here, but with all of the other professionals agreeing that the abuse happened I, personally would take the risk of being found in contempt and would not send the child for another visit.

Luckily right now the visitation is not even an issue. Back in May when we went to court I asked for a drug test on him. He agreed to take it and make it permanent record of the court. He failed. It was shown where he had used cocaine on the same day he had my daughter for visitation. The judge stopped the visitation right then, which I was thrilled but it's a shame that you can get visitation stopped for drug use but not for sexually abusing your child. We went to court last week for the trial and he didn't even show up. The judge dismissed everything including my two previous contempt charges. Relief right? Not really because he can come back and refile at any time. So because nobody has done anything about the abuse I will have to worry about him being given visitation again. That's why I am pushing so hard for somebody above children's services to look into this and do something before he has a chance to take it back to court. I wish he would just sign his rights over and leave my little baby the hell alone.

I contacted the National Clearinghouse of Child Abuse and Neglect today. They responded by saying that this is a horrible case but they can't intervene because children's services are controlled by the state, not federal government. They directed me to the state liaison officer who oversees children's services in the state. I am going to send all of the information to them tonight.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">