• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Just a question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Proserpina

I did file, but they could not give me an amount until he started working, hence, that is why he was supposed to report once he was working to establish an amount. I have an order for child support, the amount was never established.

Okay, fine. Please type out word for word - minus names - EXACTLY what your child support order states.

ecmst12

You should have filed for contempt a month after he failed to report his income. And a month after that, and a month after that, until he complied. 3 years is a long time to do nothing, and then it was too late because he was in prison.

sunsmiles1121

it states that the court finds evidence that obligor, is unemployed, has no income and does not have any account at any financial institution. IT IS THEREFORE ORDERED, ADJUDGED AND DECREED that obligor, if able to engage in employment, shall seek employment and upon obtaining employment or obtaining any ownership of any asset with a value of $500 or more, shall immediately notify the court of that fact in writing.

Proserpina

it states that the court finds evidence that obligor, is unemployed, has no income and does not have any account at any financial institution. IT IS THEREFORE ORDERED, ADJUDGED AND DECREED that obligor, if able to engage in employment, shall seek employment and upon obtaining employment or obtaining any ownership of any asset with a value of $500 or more, shall immediately notify the court of that fact in writing.

Okay, so he was NOT ordered to get a job and he was NOT ordered to pay child support.

That's the bottom line.

sunsmiles1121

What do you think it means when it says IT IS ORDERED THAT OBLIGOR SHALL SEEK EMPLOYMENT AND REPORT IT IN WRITING TO THE COURT???

Isis1

What do you think it means when it says IT IS ORDERED THAT OBLIGOR SHALL SEEK EMPLOYMENT AND REPORT IT IN WRITING TO THE COURT???
it said SEEK a job. not BE EMPLOYED. yeah, it sucks big time. i so get you on that. but reality is, he cannot be ordered to BE employed. what employer is going to be forced to employ him? take a step back and see how that would be a violation of constitutional rights.

this is where someone messed up. and partially, that someone is you. what you should have requested was a six month review. what should have beem requested was an income inputted upon that six month review based on minimum wage. WITH an additional six month review. these were mistakes that were made.

sunsmiles1121

The problem was, back then only the county that was giving me assistance could ask for the review and they never did and child support never checked to see if he was working. I could not do it because it was in the counties hands is what I was told.

Isis1

The problem was, back then only the county that was giving me assistance could ask for the review and they never did and child support never checked to see if he was working. I could not do it because it was in the counties hands is what I was told.
i know you don't want to hear this, and for that i am sorry. but reality is, once the county was no longer interested, and you were no longer on state assistance, you could have pursued this on your own in that same manner. for whatever reason, the judge ruled the way that s/he did.

at this point, you live the same way you did for all those years. without him.

there is no back support to collect from. i'm sorry.

sunsmiles1121

The point is that I did request it, but he was in jail. And its funny because the same judge that sentenced him to jail, signed the order. I'm just aggravated at the whole thing. CSEA should have been after him when I was on county assistance and they never did anything. And a judge to look at me and tell me that he cannot afford to pay support after he gets out, buys a house, gets remarried, pays for a reversal tubal ligation for his new wife and has 4 more kids and is supporting her three other ones. I even got a call from the IRS because they claim our three children on his tax returns. I'm a paralegal and this court and governmental system we have just cracks me up. Hence the reason this country is the way it is. They make no one take responsibility for themselves.

Proserpina

The point is that I did request it, but he was in jail. And its funny because the same judge that sentenced him to jail, signed the order. I'm just aggravated at the whole thing. CSEA should have been after him when I was on county assistance and they never did anything. And a judge to look at me and tell me that he cannot afford to pay support after he gets out, buys a house, gets remarried, pays for a reversal tubal ligation for his new wife and has 4 more kids and is supporting her three other ones. I even got a call from the IRS because they claim our three children on his tax returns. I'm a paralegal and this court and governmental system we have just cracks me up. Hence the reason this country is the way it is. They make no one take responsibility for themselves.

You're a paralegal? Huh.

Okay, anyway, why aren't you fighting the tax returns?

What are YOU doing about it? You're talking about taking responsibility - TAKE SOME, Mom!

Take charge!

Isis1

according to you, they made you pay back your assistance.:rolleyes:

sunsmiles1121

I did take responsibility. I did what I was required to do and sent in my ORDER STATING THAT I CLAIM THEM FOR TAX PURPOSES. I did what I was supposed to do. I also took the responsibility of putting myself through school, paying back all assistance that I received and supporting my three children on my own. I TOOK RESPONSIBILITY FOR RAISING MY CHILDREN and giving them anything and everything they needed to become respectable and decent young men.

Isis1

I did take responsibility. I did what I was required to do and sent in my ORDER STATING THAT I CLAIM THEM FOR TAX PURPOSES. I did what I was supposed to do. I also took the responsibility of putting myself through school, paying back all assistance that I received and supporting my three children on my own. I TOOK RESPONSIBILITY FOR RAISING MY CHILDREN and giving them anything and everything they needed to become respectable and decent young men.
so you got your money back then, right?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">