• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Just a simple question . . .

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

t_p_us

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

If it's my time to have visitation with my son, does it matter where his mom drops him off?

In the stipulation it does says "at fathers residence", and I wanted her to drop him off at my sister's house (where I'll be at the time), and parent doesn't want to and says that if I'm not at my residence, she'll keep him and I don't get my visitation. Can she do that, or will that be in contempt?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

If it's my time to have visitation with my son, does it matter where his mom drops him off?

In the stipulation it does says "at fathers residence", and I wanted her to drop him off at my sister's house (where I'll be at the time), and parent doesn't want to and says that if I'm not at my residence, she'll keep him and I don't get my visitation. Can she do that, or will that be in contempt?
Well she is to drop the child off at father's residence. So that is where you should be. If you are not there she does not have to run all over town to get him to you. She can keep him if you are not at home and no one else is there to get him and she would not be in contempt.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">