• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Just Married. need help with I-130

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mdg7635

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

My wife's visa just ran out and we got married shortly afterwards. Now we're preparing the paperwork for her to gain permanent residence but we may have a problem. She has been working as a nanny on the books for the past month and a half, although she came here on a student visa as an Au Pair, but has since left the program. My question is will this pose a problem with our application?

Also, the following are the forms I intended to file. Am I missing anything?

I-130
I-485
G-325A (2)

Thanks in advance for any help.

FLMommy

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

My wife's visa just ran out and we got married shortly afterwards. Now we're preparing the paperwork for her to gain permanent residence but we may have a problem. She has been working as a nanny on the books for the past month and a half, although she came here on a student visa as an Au Pair, but has since left the program. My question is will this pose a problem with our application?

Also, the following are the forms I intended to file. Am I missing anything?

I-130
I-485
G-325A (2)

Thanks in advance for any help.
If she has left the program and her visa is no longer valid, her currently working is illegal. She needs to stop her work immediately. Her illegal work will most likely be 'forgiven' because of her marriage to you, a US citizen, but you certainly don't want her to keep on working until she receives the proper authorization. Just be honest on the application.

Besides the forms that you listed, you will also need to send in the I-864 (Affadavit of Support - this one is yours to fill out) and the I-765 if she wants to be able to work while her GreenCard application is pending.

mdg7635

I-130 Questions...

I'm trying to fill out my I-130 and I need some help in 2 areas.

1.) Where do I find my and my wife's alien registration numbers?

2.) On question 14, (Arrival/Departure Record) what are the 11 digits i need before the date?

Thanks,

ImmigAttyLana

Your wife does not yet have the Alien registration number. She will get it as part of the permanent residence process upon filing of the I-485. If you are a US born citizen, you don't have the alien registration number and will not have one at any time so you can leave that as "none."

As for the I-94 number, there is only one number there, usually, which is on the upper left-hand corner of the card.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">