• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Just need some advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cry4me

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Hello everyone,
So to update from my last post, I decided not to mention that my youngest child may not belong to my ex husband as I did not want to "shake" anyones life. After consulting with an attorney, leaving things as is was the best thing to do.

Now on to my question.

Next weekend (which is my weekend with the children) I would like to take them to see some very close friends of mine. The trip is about a 2 1/2 hour trip. I informed dad of the trip as we mutually let eachother know if we plan to take the children out of the county during our individual visit time. Dad is telling me that he does not want the children to go. No real reason, just doest want them to go. Should I go ahead and just take the children with me on the trip or just cancel the trip all together. Reason for the trip is purly for pleasure. My good friends son is graduating up to the highest rank in Boy Scouts and wants us to come to see this happen.

CJane

Well, does your order require you to tell Dad you're going on a trip on your weekends, or does it require you to have Dad's permission to go on a trip on your weekends?

cry4me

Well, does your order require you to tell Dad you're going on a trip on your weekends, or does it require you to have Dad's permission to go on a trip on your weekends?
The order does not require that I tell Dad that I am going on a trip, nor does it require me to have Dads permission to go on a trip during my weekend. We usually just notify eachother if we are taking the kids out of the county during our visit time as a courtasy to eachother. Which is the reason for me telling him about the trip. To my suprise he said that he does not want them to go but has no reason for it.

CJane

The order does not require that I tell Dad that I am going on a trip, nor does it require me to have Dads permission to go on a trip during my weekend. We usually just notify eachother if we are taking the kids out of the county during our visit time as a courtasy to eachother. Which is the reason for me telling him about the trip. To my suprise he said that he does not want them to go but has no reason for it.
Then if you want to go, go. There's no legal issue here, as long as you're not interfering with Dad's time in any way.

mistoffolees

Then if you want to go, go. There's no legal issue here, as long as you're not interfering with Dad's time in any way.
This is particularly true because OP has a protection order against Dad (or, at least, did in January) covering her and the kids. He will undoubtedly bluster and threaten to sue for custody. Even in a simple case, he wouldn't win custody for Mom exercising her legal right to travel with the kids. In this case, it would be even less likely.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">