• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

keeping property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

atomizer

but that isn't what you said before. You specifically stated the LL could charge storage for the property immediately as well as trying to charge a disposal fee:
Hey Dumb "A" had you the thread you objectively, you would have noticed that I reacted to Jetx false claim that a 15 day notice was correct. My mistake was in thinking that he had actually done the research. My mistake, I usually ignore his posts. so instead of 15 days, the notice would be 30 days. Now little man, spin that. :D

Don't worry though I'm sure Jetx will give you a proper pat on your head.

legalese

you guys should not spend time fighting with each other. I still don't know what to do I guess i will play it by ear, thanks anyway

legalese

JETX

you guys should not spend time fighting with each other. I still don't know what to do I guess i will play it by ear, thanks anyway

legalese
Simple... I didn't take the time to search for the specifics of your state laws (as most states are pretty vague as to actual notices and times). Go ahead and send the letter as I already said.... just use the 30 days instead of 14 (which is why I had the ?? anyway).

legalese

I can't send a letter he won't tell me where he is staying ( he skipped out still owing some money) I just don't want him to come back complaining about property left behind.

legalese

JETX

I can't send a letter he won't tell me where he is staying ( he skipped out still owing some money) I just don't want him to come back complaining about property left behind.
Quit being an idiot.... send a letter to his last known address and get this issue closed.

FarmerJ

If the only last known address you have goes back to when tenant rented from you then thats the tenants last known address, If tenant fails to put in a address change card or fails to attempt to collect mail , then when it comes back to you after sending it confirmed mail del or certified mail leave original letter sealed in tact , If tenant attempts to sue tenant can explain to the court why they couldnt pick up mail or why they failed to put in a change card, when you offer to the court the sealed original notice that came back to you with your post office receipts which very likely the court would see it as tenants problem NOT yours! Jetx is correct , stop fooling around and get the issue closed up with notice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">