• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Kids have been taken away

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

candi4687

Tennessee court;
Here is the situation as best I can describe shortly. The mother and father of two children ages 7 and 2 are into drugs and anything you can imagine. The grandmother (of father)who we will call Sal now has legal custody of these children and has had this for over a year now but has been there for the children since day one. Currently Sal is disabled and has had to overcome atleast 7 back surgery and is awaiting SSI support for these injuries since she is unable to hold a job. Prior to the court date Sal had left her husband, whom has a LOT of say as to what happens in the court of jurisdiction since his father is the baliff(or whatever the position is called) of the judge they are set to go in front of over the child issue. He has made braggs that since Sal would not go back to him that he has made it to where Sal would not be allowed to remain custodian over these two small children. They were set to go into court for visitation but things turned nasty and Sal had went alone and the others had 4 people there against her. They have claimed sexual abuse because the two yr old girl has and keeps a rash on her bottom. Sal has tried to explain to these people to make sure that while the children were in their care to NOT give the child milk because she is allergic but they say she cries for it and they give in and allow the child to drink it. This therefore causes her to breakout with a rash on her bottom. Anyways the judge looked at the factors of money and of course the other people had more so the judge granted custody to the other party, which are the mother of the children's Dad and his wife. Is there anything you can tell me where I can get some sort of paper work that may be able to help this woman? She loves these children and does all she can to make their lives as peaceful as possible since their parents obviously did not care enough. PLEASE help. I have looked under grandparents rights but this does not apply.
THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP OR INFO on this matter.

LdiJ

candi4687 said:
Tennessee court;
Here is the situation as best I can describe shortly. The mother and father of two children ages 7 and 2 are into drugs and anything you can imagine. The grandmother (of father)who we will call Sal now has legal custody of these children and has had this for over a year now but has been there for the children since day one. Currently Sal is disabled and has had to overcome atleast 7 back surgery and is awaiting SSI support for these injuries since she is unable to hold a job. Prior to the court date Sal had left her husband, whom has a LOT of say as to what happens in the court of jurisdiction since his father is the baliff(or whatever the position is called) of the judge they are set to go in front of over the child issue. He has made braggs that since Sal would not go back to him that he has made it to where Sal would not be allowed to remain custodian over these two small children. They were set to go into court for visitation but things turned nasty and Sal had went alone and the others had 4 people there against her. They have claimed sexual abuse because the two yr old girl has and keeps a rash on her bottom. Sal has tried to explain to these people to make sure that while the children were in their care to NOT give the child milk because she is allergic but they say she cries for it and they give in and allow the child to drink it. This therefore causes her to breakout with a rash on her bottom. Anyways the judge looked at the factors of money and of course the other people had more so the judge granted custody to the other party, which are the mother of the children's Dad and his wife. Is there anything you can tell me where I can get some sort of paper work that may be able to help this woman? She loves these children and does all she can to make their lives as peaceful as possible since their parents obviously did not care enough. PLEASE help. I have looked under grandparents rights but this does not apply.
THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP OR INFO on this matter.
I am not sure that I entirely understand the story, and who was granted custody, but it appears that the judge has already made his/her decision.

Your friend could petition for visitation.

nextwife

candi4687 said:
Anyways the judge looked at the factors of money and of course the other people had more so the judge granted custody to the other party, which are the mother of the children's Dad and his wife.
It appears the other grandparents were granted custody.

Honestly, no matter how much she loves them, the children need a caregiver who can PHYSICALLY deal with a child as young as two. She needs to be mobile to keep custody, and with that many back surgeries, it does not seem she, while alone, has the capability of managing, which is likely why the other grandparents were given custody.

Last edited:

candi4687

Sal had custody but since her soon to be ex husband decided to make certain that she lost the children played a BIG role in the removal of custody. As far as the back surgery goes, she is capable and has taken care of both of these children most of their lives. Even while she was on bedrest for the surgeries she took care of them because no others from the family had came to even assist her. The other grandparents that retained custody also have medical problems. They will have to have the two yr old to go into daycare because the step-grandmother has MS. Basically the reasoning for removal of the children were the money factor but due to circumastances out of Sals control. Is there any way to change the judge in which they go to court in front of?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">