• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ladynred (followup posting)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kat1963

What is the name of your state? VA

LR, thank you for your information in regards to obtaining copies of back W2 from SSA. I finally received a response from them directing me to...taaadaaaa, the IRS for that information (which of they state they don't have that info either). I'm hoping that my responser was just not informed that this information could be obtained and that you can point me in the right direction (forms?) I searched that site for an hour this morning, came up with nothing.

To respond to your question as to the tax advocate, obtaining one is a free service. Lists of the agencies are listed on the IRS site. Our advocate seems very nice and well versed...we'll see what happens. As for filing an offer in compromise, the man (jerk) we went to wanted $650 (he stated DH's would be .20 on the dollar of 11,000) He barely looked at the paperwork. It's not hard to file it yourself. I purchased a book on it which I would gladly send to you if you would like it (free, of course).

Thanks for your help and for all you do for others!

KAT

Ladynred

round and round....

Kat,

When *I* asked the IRS guy on the phone about payroll deduction details from 1990, he directed me to the SSA, since he said the IRS doesn't keep records that old (huh??? but they can tax us for stuff that old ???? ) I called the SSA, not a local office, (you won't find anything on the website), told the woman what I was after and she said they DID have that information. I asked her pretty much the same question several times, phrased differently, and each time she said they DID have that old data. However, they wouldn't give ME ANY information, wouldn't send the forms for him, etc. that my fiance would have to call and make the request HIMSELF.

So, you might want to try calling Washington and see if you get a different answer.

Good Luck !

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">