• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

LadynRed, JetX - please advise, help.. thank you!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?

Living in Arizona since June 2001 - not moving back to state of Florida

Account obtained & used in Florida

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Had an account with Swiss Colony & "Ginnys" - sister stores.

Today received in the mail, a letter from some "attorney" in Pennsylvania by the name of "Thomas J. Russell, in Media, PA";

"please be advised that this office represents the above-mentioned client in regards to your past due account.

According to our client, you are in default of your "contractual" obligation and the balance indicated has been due for some time. In order to settle this matter amicably, please forward your check in the enclosed envelope.

Thank you in advance for your prompt attention
What I know, as of today:

1. Experian: Ginnys not listed
2. Equifax:
Current Status: CHARGE-OFF
Type of Account : Revolving Credit Limit: $0
Date Opened: 10/1996
Date Reported: 01/2005
Date of Last Payment: 05/1999

3. TransUnion:
Pay Status: >Charged Off as Bad Debt<
Account Type: Revolving account
Date Opened: 10/1996
Date Closed: 01/1999

LAST PAYMENT sent to this company was May 11, 1999 - found my cancelled check.

QUESTIONS HELPPPPPP!! :?

1. I looked at lawdog to find out if this attorney is licensed in Arizona; however, I cannot find any reference, Is he legal here in AZ? Where do I look? I used: http://www.azbanking.com/Lists/CA_List.HTML#bmR

2. I cannot find the all of the needed SOL info for this type of account.
------>Would I use Florida? If so, would it be 4 years, and already expired, and I can use the SOL as my defense?
------>Would I use Arizona now? However, since we have a house, have no intent of moving back to Florida, why would I use an Arizona SOL?

3. Should I send a letter to this attorney? If so should I use a DV or SOL letter?

4. Finally - Why is this "date reported" listed as 1/2005? Because I am getting the credit reports and trying to clean up this mess? There's no activity on them, they have been charged off.. this is so confusing, I need some major help!

Thank you for reading through and offering assistance!

KimberlyH

PS: I tried creditinfo center - and the person who replied confused me more than ever. I have difficulty understanding and loss of short-term memory unless I have a detail "do this, do that", list to look at and keep re-reading. I'm sorry about that.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">