• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

laid off/ disability benefits?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lauria1957

Yep, I pretty much figured that out when I read it, but I figured I would post it anyway. The only other question I have is this: does this affect long term also? I spoke with the rep at the disability company today and she said we were not totally out of the water with long term yet even though they have closed the short term case. On his separation papers, they have a paragraph devoted to what we would give up claim to and that includes long term disability. Should he hold off on signing these papers until they decide if he qualifies. They could not answer if long term was affected by this "company policy" Makes me wonder if anyone ever gets to long term with this company.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Hard to say. I'd really have to see the LTD policy to judge.

I'm guessing that it will affect LTD but there's really no way to say for certain without a copy of the LTD SPD.

L

lauria1957

There is no other information on disability except what I posted so I'm guessing the same applies. I want to thank you very very much. You have been very kind and I hope your kindness comes back 1000 fold to you :). We are just going to move on from here. Get him through these next couple of months, the next surgery and get on with our lives. We're not big on dwelling, so why start now! I'm looking into private disability policies for both of us so we have protection if we ever need it in the future. (learned the hard way again) Thanks again, you are a very nice person!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">