• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Land in Cloverdale,IN

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jubybean

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

Does anyone know the going price for land in Cloverdale? My father-in-law,now deceased, has about 13 acres of land that will need to be sold. There is a house on it,plus some barns,and a lot of wooded land. I was just wondering if anyone else knew what the going price is down there?

Thanks,

FarmerJ

pick a large real estate firm who has decent search tools and use whats currently on this land and search on it using the county name of the county it is in as if you were a buyer looking so you can look for comparable property , if you have to add in to the search the adjacent counties do that too to widen the search area , you ought to be able to get a idea searching that way to see what other comparable property is selling for.

Jubybean

pick a large real estate firm who has decent search tools and use whats currently on this land and search on it using the county name of the county it is in as if you were a buyer looking so you can look for comparable property , if you have to add in to the search the adjacent counties do that too to widen the search area , you ought to be able to get a idea searching that way to see what other comparable property is selling for.
Do you mean someone like Century 21? I think that they want to try and sell the land themselves. I don't know if they should do it that way. I will try Century 21 first and see what I can find out.

Thanks,

Jubybean

Use a realtor's website search tools if you don't want to contact the company directly.
Thanks. I tried Century 21 and I found some places in Cloverdale that were close to where my father-in-law's property is. His might go for a little more than what others down there are going for. I saw one house that is on 2.11 acres going for 139,900 and my husband's father has a little over 13 acres, with a house and several sheds on the property. It almost looks like a small farm.

Thanks for the advice.

Jubybean

Talk to a local real estate appraiser.
I already know that but thanks anyway. The only problem for me is that I don't live down there and I am just trying to find out if anyone knows the value of land down there. Last I knew, they wanted to try and sell the house themselves.

I got some help but not much but thanks anyway. Some help is better than no help at all,right? :)

HomeGuru

I already know that but thanks anyway. The only problem for me is that I don't live down there and I am just trying to find out if anyone knows the value of land down there. Last I knew, they wanted to try and sell the house themselves.

I got some help but not much but thanks anyway. Some help is better than no help at all,right? :)
**A: please be reminded that this is a legal advice website.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">