• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord liability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lovetocook

What is the name of your state? Illinois W e have a tenent that pour an acid drain cleaner down a drain and it blew back in his face because he had previously used crystal draino a few days before. It resulted in him losing sight in his eye. We had a plummer called to take care of the situation 5 months ago did everything he recommended and have the bills to prove it. We had no idea there was a problem and no idea he was going to do this. We even authorized him to call a plummer if he needed to. What are my liabilities. Iam just sick about it all.

BL

It sounds like you have NO liability , if you were not informed of the problem with a request to repair .

It's up to consumers to read/follow directions when using consumer products , and to take precautions .

I'm sure the precautions were written on the products container .

Plus , there are State's Landlord tenant Laws , that cover Landlords/tenant responsibilities and rights .

lovetocook

are you a landllord? The stress I have been having with this situation is UNREAL.....My ins. agent seems to think they have no case. The renter has filed no claim. My husand thinks he wont. His injuries were serious and I am sick about it.

BL

lovetocook said:
are you a landllord? The stress I have been having with this situation is UNREAL.....My ins. agent seems to think they have no case. The renter has filed no claim. My husand thinks he wont. His injuries were serious and I am sick about it.
You will just have to get over yourself , and do things to get your mind off this .

It's no different than seeing the evening news , where tenants were burned .

I hope the plumbing problem has been sick .

No, I'm a tenant .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">