• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord refuses to repair

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FarmerJ

Bn you wrote >Evidently having court orders requiring a landlord to provide essential services disqualifies you in the eyes of future landlords. < there is no way other landlords are going to learn of there being any court ordered repairs the court records unless you told the prospective landlord Since any court records of his lack of repair is likely going to be listed as city vs landlord . If he was court ordered to make the repair then why hasnt your city / county inspections desk condemned this place so no one can live there ? I too suggest you give proper notice and move out.

Gail in Georgia

"Many areas have building codes that require permits for water heaters or at least a licensed professional if you are not the homeowner."

My guess would be that a plumber would be a licensed professional.

Gail

Bng808

Bn you wrote >Evidently having court orders requiring a landlord to provide essential services disqualifies you in the eyes of future landlords. < there is no way other landlords are going to learn of there being any court ordered repairs the court records unless you told the prospective landlord Since any court records of his lack of repair is likely going to be listed as city vs landlord . If he was court ordered to make the repair then why hasnt your city / county inspections desk condemned this place so no one can live there ? I too suggest you give proper notice and move out.
Our understanding at this point is that it is currently being sent to the county's legal department for review. The court orders are under our names. The impending code violations will be under the county as he has had this happen in the past. We actually have a letter from the Housing authority stating that the reason for denial of housing is due to the court order.

FarmerJ

I suggest you go to your local tv stations comsumer affairs desk and ask them to help you learn why a public housing authority is able to refuse to rent to a tenant who has had to call inspections and now has court documents with your name on them since this is not a matter of a eviction based on non pay or landlord having to sue a tenant who caused damage., I suggest that because it would interesting to see how a public housing authority can decline to rent to a tenant who has utilized the legal tools available in regard to to this landlord.

Bng808

I suggest you go to your local tv stations comsumer affairs desk and ask them to help you learn why a public housing authority is able to refuse to rent to a tenant who has had to call inspections and now has court documents with your name on them since this is not a matter of a eviction based on non pay or landlord having to sue a tenant who caused damage., I suggest that because it would interesting to see how a public housing authority can decline to rent to a tenant who has utilized the legal tools available in regard to to this landlord.
Agreed. We have already been in contact with our local tv stations "action line" as well as our council member for this district and have found that the wheels of justice turn extremely slow. We have also filed a grievance with HUD.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">