• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

landlord threatens to kick us out new mexico

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

michaeljhopper

my landlord threatens to kick me and my wife out for late payment when it is not in the contract. the contract is a rental lease and opion to purchase contract. having trouble finding state laws covering late payments or termionation of agreement. house is also missing bedroom doors, missing most inter windows or strom woindows and 1 out side window. i don't know if i have any rights as a lessee to pertect me from being kicked out. thank you to who ever responsed

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
michaeljhopper said:
my landlord threatens to kick me and my wife out for late payment when it is not in the contract. the contract is a rental lease and opion to purchase contract. having trouble finding state laws covering late payments or termionation of agreement. house is also missing bedroom doors, missing most inter windows or strom woindows and 1 out side window. i don't know if i have any rights as a lessee to pertect me from being kicked out. thank you to who ever responsed
Is there a date in the lease by which the rent is due. If so, then you are required to pay by that date. If you don't pay by the day that is mentioned in the lease as when you should pay your rent, then you are breaching the lease. Which means you can be evicted. The LL would have to follow eviction proceedings in your state.

nextwife

There must be SOME provisions in the event of a default in your option agreement. Have you recorded the option?" What does the recorded document state? Are you a tenant (MTM, lease?) or have you purchased this on an installment payment basis?

michaeljhopper

the lease is a standard 2 year lease . there is only 1 part that says (lessee shall pay lessor the annual rent of $6,000.00 during said term monthly payments of $500.00 each ,payable monthly on the first day of each month in advance there is no other mention of late payments .

i am purchasing this house next month .the people oh own the house my wife works for as a general manger. i recently was a manger then i steped to a differnent role i do there repair and maintence on all there equipment. that might be to much info or if more might be needed let know

ENASNI

michaeljhopper said:
the lease is a standard 2 year lease . there is only 1 part that says (lessee shall pay lessor the annual rent of $6,000.00 during said term monthly payments of $500.00 each ,payable monthly on the first day of each month in advance there is no other mention of late payments .

i am purchasing this house next month .the people oh own the house my wife works for as a general manger. i recently was a manger then i steped to a differnent role i do there repair and maintence on all there equipment. that might be to much info or if more might be needed let know

No too much information is not bad, at least you did not tell us what color your wife's hair is and if she dyes it.

Rent is due on the first. You have been late every time you paid late. I could not find a set date in your state's statutes. only that a late fee could be assesed if you were late up to 10% of total rent payment.

If you are so set to buy the place next month, are you in communication with them about this? I am sure they would be pleased to get this information. That is unless you are going to be paying the mortgage to them.:(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">