• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Laptop awaiting over months for repair

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

paulsiu

What is the name of your state? PA

Hi,

Last year, I purchased an Averatec 2370 laptop. It worked fine for a few months, then promptly died. I sent it back for warranty repair. I was unhappy about the component failure but was satisfy with the repair process. Their website show the status of my laptop and they returned the laptop within 2 weeks. They replaced the motherboard.

The laptop worked for another month and then died again with the same problem. I sent in it for warranty repair again. Even after 2 months, it is still not repaired. Their website either crash or show nothing when I enter my RMA number. Calls to customer service always result in the comment that they are still waiting for parts and they don't know when the parts will arrive or when it will be fixed.

I just want my computer back. Is there anything that I can do? Are there laws indicating how long a manufacturer can hold a computer for warranty repairs. It's looking like that the machine will be in the repair facility for the rest of its warranty life :-(.

I have contacted the BBB, so far no response.

Paul

BL

Have you tried to speak to the consumer representative ?

They may be willing to replace your unit , unless you have data on the Hard drive to save .

When does the warranty run out ?

Also have you done a google search to see if there's a pattern , recall of the motherboard failures with the PC ?

If you do not get satisfaction soon call your local Office of Attorney General consumer complaints , and have them send you a complaint form to send back to them .They will send it to the Maker/warranty .

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">