• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawsuit vs. working with insurance co?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

legallearner

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Calif.

Just curious, but why would someone choose to avoid my insurance company, not return any of their calls, yet send a process server after me? I was involved in an accident that I was found at fault for (in Calif.). What is the advantage for them to ignore what my insurance company can settle with them? I always thought you deal with the insurance company and then file something later or concurrently, not just blow off the insurance company all together??? Thanks.

Banned_Princess

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Calif.

Just curious, but why would someone choose to avoid my insurance company, not return any of their calls, yet send a process server after me? I was involved in an accident that I was found at fault for (in Calif.). What is the advantage for them to ignore what my insurance company can settle with them? I always thought you deal with the insurance company and then file something later or concurrently, not just blow off the insurance company all together??? Thanks.
You need to send the insurance company the summons you were served with. They will provide your representation.

legallearner

Thanks. The process server has not caught up to me yet; I just know he is trying. And, I know to send it on to the insurance company. I just want to know, if anyone has any clue about this, why would the other party try to avoid dealing with my insurance company (a highly reputable one)? What advantage do they get by trying to go around? Are they just trying to intimidate me or something? Does their lawyer get a higher percentage? It just seems strange that they are ignoring the insurance company and, I'm always interested in strategy, I am wondering what the potential motive is.

ecmst12

We could not even begin to speculate. It could be that they are filing suit to protect their interests WHILE working with your insurance company.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">