• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawyer Withdraw

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RCiancia

What is the name of your state? Florida

Fast question. Can a lawyer withdraw himself from a family law case, if his client does not have the ability to pay him the amount he is demanding? The lawyer in question is citing irreconcilable differences, although the only cited reason was financial.

Any info is appreciated
Ron

BL

If you can't or won't pay your lawyers fees , they can withdraw .

Why would you think a lawyer would have to continue representing you for free ?

RCiancia

Thanks BL..

Firstly, I am asking this on behalf of a friend.. but I do agree the attorney deserves to be paid. NO dispute.

The only questiopn I had was could he withdraw in a family law case, where the non-custodial parent doens't pay child support/Alimony/rent, etc.. regularly and thereby forces this condition where the custodial parent has no money to pay the attorney. Its like freezing bank accounts to punish foreign countries... just a tactic to hinder the legal process... but thats all my opinion.

Appeciate your time today

Thanks
Ron

BL

Perhaps your Friend can post in the Child support forum and get some feedback on how to proceed .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">